Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF
Search Search  
Inktense Watercolor Pencils on WSF [message #42532] Mon, 23 January 2012 04:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar leftofreality  is currently offline leftofreality
Go to all my models
I saw Kaetemi's post and video about applying watercolor to white, strong and flexible, and it got me thinking about using my Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils on it. Inktense are a little different from normal watercolor; once they are fully saturated with water and allowed to dry, they cannot be removed with water and are relatively permanent. They also offer some really intense, ink-like colors on paper when washed out with water.

In the attached photo, I have tested, from right to left: Copic Ciao Powder Pink (YR00) and Milky White (E51), Inktense Teal Green (1300) and Inktense Fuscia (0700) applied with a waterbrush, Inktense Sun Yellow (0200) and Sea Blue (1200) pencils applied directly and then wetted with a waterbrush and mixed.
index.php?t=getfile&id=13757&private=0

The porous nature of WSF makes it act like paper; the rough texture acts like paper "tooth" and grabs the pencil and marker very well. I would still recommend a spray-on clear coat for protection.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Sanding/Smoothing WSF...
Next Topic:galvanize plastic
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.