Home » Community » It arrived! » My First Ever Ring Arrived
Search Search  
My First Ever Ring Arrived [message #42379] Fri, 20 January 2012 22:24 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ChrisDaMan  is currently offline ChrisDaMan
Go to all my models
I've been sculpting for about 2 years now, and luckely I discovered shapeways early this January. I wasnt actually planning on print something, but seeing how easy and affordable it was I felt I had to try.

So I decided to go with something small, a ring, always wanted to try design jewelry stuff. I know for sure this wont be my last print, and I will probably go for silver next time when it comes to jewelry because of tiny details. This time I went with steel, and I sorta like the look of it, it looks "old" medieval. Lacks detail tho. But i'm sure if I do a bust or fullfigure I'll go for steel if I can afford it. I might also try out some of the other cheaper materials, maybe white strong flexible. ( i'm kinda afraid tho, because I dont know how the different materials feel ).

I'm surpriced my ring made it, wall tickness is 1mm all over the place. I didnt expect it to be doable. Since I didnt knew my ringsize, it turned out a little too big for my ringfinger, but fits perfect on my middle finger. It's so cool to see 3D modeled stuff printed. You just do model something on a computer and suddenly you can hold it in your hands.

What a great feeling Very Happy ( and seriously, did they hire supermann for shipment? When shipped, it took 2 days and it was right outside my door ) Netherlands to Norway.

index.php?t=getfile&id=13657&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=13660&private=0index.php?t=getfile&id=13659&private=0

• Attachment: Designet.jpg
    (Size: 101.83KB, Downloaded 968 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4619.jpg
    (Size: 131.55KB, Downloaded 955 time(s))

• Attachment: IMG_4621.jpg
    (Size: 132.82KB, Downloaded 962 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Spiral Earring
Next Topic:Triforce Necklace/Keychain
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.