Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » General Discussion » Design rule change: WSF Minimum Bounding Box
Search Search  
Design rule change: WSF Minimum Bounding Box [message #41266] Thu, 05 January 2012 15:40 UTC Go to previous message
avatar nancyliang  is currently offline nancyliang
Go to my shop
I work here
Hey guys,

We've been having some issues with bounding box for Strong & Flexible models (white, color, polished). The current minimums does not allow for really thin and flat items (think: pole structures, pendants). The reason is we ask for a minimum 2.5x2.5x.2.5mm bounding box so items don't get lost in the handling process. Now obviously, something with bounding box of 2x20x20mm bounding box would not get lost when sorting.

So we propose to implement a system where the bounding box as to add up to 7.5mm (similar to how we handle Ceramics and Full Color Sandstone) though each dimension has to be at least 0.7mm (the min wall thickness).

This should help handling while enabling more designs for you guys.

If there are no concerns, we'll implement this next week.

Thanks!
Nancy

[Updated on: Thu, 05 January 2012 23:07 UTC]

Product Manager
Twitter: @nliang

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Who's models are these?
Next Topic:Why so expensive?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.