Home » Support » 3D Design » Stone Settings for Jewelry?
Search Search  
Stone Settings for Jewelry? [message #40278] Thu, 15 December 2011 01:42 UTC Go to previous message
avatar TajTiger  is currently offline TajTiger
Go to my shop
I've been getting questions about stone settings and I'm curious to see what's possible beyond simple prong settings. How would you go about doing a bezel setting? Or a bead setting? And do you think the (polished) silver printing is accurate enough to drop in a stone that you measured for? Can the 3D print contain all of the necessary material to create these kinds of settings without having to resort to traditional methods (i.e. soldering small strips of silver)?

Just curious. I'm not necessarily looking for a tutorial, just some examples maybe of these types of settings being done. Anything to give me an idea of what kind of work and skills are needed. I'm not a jeweler, but I'm willing to entertain the idea of something more complex than a simple print-and-cast. Thanks!

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Model Rejected due to Weak Geometry, Where to add strength?
Next Topic:Transparent plastic
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.