Home » Developers » Shapeways API » Materials List in submitModel
Search Search  
Materials List in submitModel [message #38971] Mon, 21 November 2011 16:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar GeoBling  is currently offline GeoBling
Go to my shop
While it doesn't appear on the API documentation site, the Web Service Description indicates that for the data type SWModel used for the submitModel function, there is a parameter "materials":

<xsd:element name="materials" type="xsd:array" nillable="1"/>

I tried using the materials parameter for a PHP batch upload script I am using to upload tens of models in one operation. The script works fine when not using the materials field. I have a small set of test models that pass the test when uploaded through the API. As soon as I specify the materials parameter, however, I start getting this error email:

Quote:

We're sorry, but there was a problem with processing your product called 'Switzerland Heightmap Pendant 35mm'. It didn't pass all the checks that we run to make sure a product is printable. Here's the error message:

Based upon the size, volume and wallthickness of your product there is no printer available which is able to print your product. Please adjust the volume and/or size of your product.

It is unclear to me why this error appears. The model uploads and validates just fine when not specifying materials. Maybe the materials parameter is not working correctly?

I realize that this is an undocumented feature and therefore it would be fair to say that I cannot possibly expect it to work. But since the parameter is already there in code and because others have asked for it here in the forums, I figured I'd flag this up. It would be extremely helpful to me (and probably others) if you could make the materials parameter work. If I could specify the available materials for the model through the API, it would save me hours of repetitive clicking in the web interface.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Possible Interface for mass changes
Next Topic:WSDL 2 JAVA compilation error
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.