Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Svengoolie FUD woes
Search Search  
Svengoolie FUD woes [message #38875] Sat, 19 November 2011 09:51 UTC Go to previous message
avatar spaceboy412  is currently offline spaceboy412
Go to my shop
This was my first time using FUD which i did because of the detail. The model is 2.75inches tall. I have to say i was amazed at the detail it held from my sculpt.

However i'm greatly disappointed with this Banding which happened to the front and back of the model, its doesn't appear to be normal stepping because instead of the typical pyramid stepping this actually goes "in and out" and at the same size intervals, its almost as if it was shifting or something in the tray.
I've tried to illustrate it in this pic, considering how detailed FUD can be i'm somewhat bothered with whatever happened here, and unsure as to if FUD is worth it.
A good example of this 'wavy' banding is on the chickens neck which should be a smooth line as in the sculpt pic.
The model has been very lightly primed to make it easier to see, obviously if i sand this it will destroy the detail.
The green lines also indicate a very slight symmetrical slash (which was not in my sculpt) on the front of the coat which i suspect was from the support material, too bad that wasn't on the back instead.

• Attachment: DSCF0241.JPG
    (Size: 467.39KB, Downloaded 333 time(s))

• Attachment: svengoolie.jpg
    (Size: 135.56KB, Downloaded 210 time(s))

[Updated on: Sat, 19 November 2011 10:15 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message