Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » Howdy everyone!
Search Search  
Howdy everyone! [message #33285] Thu, 25 August 2011 03:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar matt_atknsn  is currently offline matt_atknsn
Go to my shop
Good day everyone (wherever around the world we're at Wink )

I'm Roe, 3D modeller, with just enough skills to get a job done (except organics/ZBrush, which I'm zero at Razz )

Came about Shapeways seeing it'll be a good way to realize some models I do virtually what I cannot do practically. For example the smaller gun barrels for a 1/4800 scale battleships which are very hard to do with traditional scratchbuilding using plastic rods (or in my case, old toothbrush/plastic broom bristles Confused ).

Speaking of really small battleships, I only have 1 design to show for now; 2 WW2 battleships scaled to 1/4800 and planning to print in FUD. I do hope it prints if I understand the (new?) thin walls tutorials correctly. Below is the link to the said model:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/318339/french_navy_battleship _pack_1.html?gid=sg98982

Just need to upload more stuff to reach my minimum order...

Cheers and looking forward to y'all Very Happy

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Hello from Rochester!
Next Topic:Greetings all
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.