Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Advantages for shop owners
Search Search  
Advantages for shop owners [message #27563] Sun, 15 May 2011 07:55 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
In the last period I was rather busy with work for my shop *). Since we shop owners are part of Shapeways' business case I'm wondering if there can be additional support from shapeways.

*)
- reacting to new materials
- dealing with the user interface
- reporting and advertising our shops and thus also Shapeways
- driving the community

Things which could make my life easier as shop owner and also reward work done:
- new material: getting probes of new materials for some of my pieces to check the possibility to make my items available in this new material and to report the results also to the community
- test order costs: I try to test my new pieces only to make them available for further buyers. The positive results should flow into more Shapeways' business.
Currently I have to pay for my test orders the same price as normal buyers.
- test order feedback: in my case there are always the same 2 questions.
-- Is the item printable. This can only be checked with a test order. So new items need a certain time to get evaluated
-- how does the new item look like. So far only a test order can do the job. Dealing with community requests I often let the test order done by the requester. He reports the result via photos and I can react. No idea how Shapeways can help here but maybe there are some ideas out.
The reason why this is important for me is. I can make a new design in an evening work but the minimal time to have a final piece is. 1 + 10 + 1 + 10 working days, doing a test order a design change and a verification of the change. In real life that expands to 1 + 20 + 10 + 1 + 20 + 10 adding extra 20 days for collecting pieces for a new test order. Thus having 62 working days to get a new design done which could have been done in 4 days.

Maybe there are some other shop owners adding their input ...

Woody64

[Updated on: Sun, 15 May 2011 07:55 UTC]

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Different models used for different materials
Next Topic:Excel/CSV export/import for the product inventory page
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.