|Feature Requests [message #26296] Wed, 20 April 2011 21:46 UTC
Ok so I have made my requests known in several locations. This is to make a list of requests. And keep track of there status. Admins please feel free to alter this first post to keep statuses and list up to date.|
1) Return ID and Hash Code of object on upload.
Status: ID can be retrieved if application-id is set to 'generated-creator' but this is temporary work around. Hash Code can not be retrieved at this time.
2) Get Hash code of hidden object from id.
3) Upload files larger then 16MB
4) Get callback URL on render error.
5) Get product volume after upload
6) Change markup of a product.
7) Ability to set markup for each material type or set to -1 for not allowed.
8) Callback URL on product purchased/product shipped - I want my server to be able to monitor when products uploaded through API are purchased and shipped instead of emails.
9) function to compute volume of an object - You have something that computes the volume of the model we send to you. Strip it out package it in a small PHP object and give it to us so we can make sure we have the correct volume before uploading. If we have this then feature requests 5 & 6 are not strictly necessary.
10) dual key login system - Give each API creator a password. Each shop owner already has a password. The API creators password is publicly known the shops are not. You then make it so the API can log in as a shop by using the results of hash("sha512",$shopPassword.$APIpassword) instead of the shops password. The advantage to this is the API administrator does not need the shops password, and second if the API administrators site gets hacked you can just change the API's password and the database content becomes useless. Even if you encrypt your database this can be safely used by changinf $shopPassword to hash("sha512",yourhashfunction($shopPassword).$salt) then if your database gets hacked you just change $salt and everyone has to update before things work again.
Nice but not necessary:
1) Change description of a product - I uploaded 191 files but in description wrote 195. Lots of manual updating for me.
Please feel free to add your own and I will try to keep the list updated.
[Updated on: Mon, 02 May 2011 21:50 UTC]
Follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/mctrivia or my blog at http://4ddice.blogspot.com/