Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Polishing flat Stainless Steel surfaces
Search Search  
Polishing flat Stainless Steel surfaces [message #24714] Thu, 10 March 2011 15:05 UTC Go to previous message
avatar InterSimi  is currently offline InterSimi
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

I am after a technique or indeed tools which will allow me to polish small flat surfaces to a mirror like finish.

I have previosuly used wet/dry 400 Grit and 1500 Grit by hand on a flat surface. The issue with that, is that it takes about 30 minutes per piece. I would like to cut this time down to the minimum.

The 1500 from 400 Grit isn't the issue, as that is quite quick, it is the getting it to a 400 Grit status, with the burs off. The surcase has to be completely flat.

I have tried a dremel, but this doesn't seem appropriate to get the flat surface.

Any idas or suggestions?

regards,

InterSimi

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:any technique to make a final good look for an iphone case in WSF? or in dyed colors?
Next Topic:Painting FUD Products
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.