Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Support » Bug Reporting » Model orientation in picture/3D display and bounding box
Search Search  
Model orientation in picture/3D display and bounding box [message #20546] Mon, 15 November 2010 22:24 UTC
avatar Dexter  is currently offline Dexter
Go to my shop
Hi,

I just noticed that models have a different orientation in the default picture and the 3D applet. The applet apparently uses a rendering orientation with the z-axis pointing away from the screen. So a model that is positioned correctly in the default image and the thumbnails, will lay flat on it's back in the 3D viewer which makes my models look rather silly in 3D.
The same happens with the bounding box. A model that is 10 cm high and 1 cm wide is displayed as 1 cm high and with a depth of 10 cm. I think this could be confusing for customers. It would be great if this could be fixed.

Mark.

Read Message
Previous Topic:Shopping cart broken?
Next Topic:Problems with filling out profile details
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.