Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Invoices / EUR countries
Search Search  
Invoices / EUR countries [message #17756] Wed, 15 September 2010 09:30 UTC Go to previous message
avatar kontor_apart  is currently offline kontor_apart
Go to my shop
Funny enough that a company in Eindhoven tries to base all its accounting and invoicing on USD instead of EUR. Consumers will probably not care, but registered busineses will. To be honest, proper accounting is virtually impossible with your current paperwork:

(A) While your customer invoices do show the total order value in EUR, they only show the VAT (or BTW, for that matter) and ex-BTW amounts in USD. Your invoices do not indicate the applied USD/EUR exchange rate.

Due to the well-known daily currency fluctuations, it is virtually impossible for us to calculate the VAT (or BTW) that you kept from us

As you may know, we have to report that exact same amount to the tax authorities. They want to know everything about every single (EUR-)cent . With the current invoices, we essentially have to guess the BTW and I am afraid they might reject our guesswork.

(B) Even worse for the co-creator "invoice"s that you send out. First of all, those should not be "invoice"s, but rather credit notes of some kind.

But regardless, the entire thing is in USD, no indication of EUR whatsoever, to the effect that we neither know (a) the invoice amount nor (b) the true BTW value.

Not only that it drives our accountants crazy, I'd be curious to see what happens when the tax authorities discover a discrepancy between the BTW in your books and the amount that we desperately calculated from a chosen exchange rate ...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:How do I move a model to a shop section?
Next Topic:Create a shop
Goto Forum:
   Go