Home »  » It arrived! » The DodBox
Search Search  
The DodBox [message #10334] Mon, 01 March 2010 22:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I received a big order today, so you will see several other posts from me here Very Happy

The first one is about the DodBox (more info in this post). Or more exactly, it reduced scale version (1:3). It is nevertheless one of the biggest objects I ever printed.
You can see here the versions in White Strong and Flexible (WSF) and in Transparent Detail (TD).
index.php?t=getfile&id=2830&private=0

Of course these two containers can be put one inside the other to save space when you want to store them.
index.php?t=getfile&id=2831&private=0

You can also use one othe the container as a lid for the other and they form a complete dodecahedron.
index.php?t=getfile&id=2832&private=0

And the good news is that it worked as expected: that is it stay properly closed.
This is because the cut in the faces are not vertical but perpendiclar to the edges (and of course because I had the chance that the clearances are correct Smile)
See the details:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2833&private=0

The other thing is that you can stack two of these closed boxes, one on top of the other. I have only two part so I just show you how they fit:
index.php?t=getfile&id=2834&private=0

There are more images in the DodBox page.

The thickness is only 1 mm and I must say that the TD version look fragile (probably I can modify the design to make it sturdier by adding "folds" like in origami). But I really like the WSF version and the overall design.
And you, what do you think?

• Attachment: DodBox1.JPG
    (Size: 42.82KB, Downloaded 634 time(s))

• Attachment: DodBox2.JPG
    (Size: 37.35KB, Downloaded 631 time(s))

• Attachment: DodBox3b.JPG
    (Size: 36.35KB, Downloaded 636 time(s))

• Attachment: DodBox3d.JPG
    (Size: 33.21KB, Downloaded 637 time(s))

• Attachment: DodBox4.JPG
    (Size: 35.36KB, Downloaded 629 time(s))

[Updated on: Tue, 02 March 2010 07:52 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Rotabram by OSKAR
Next Topic:Stainless Steel - Polished (post production)
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.