Home » Community » It arrived! » Steel Ring - Vizor (defying the Stainless Steel rules)
Search Search  
Steel Ring - Vizor (defying the Stainless Steel rules) [message #7458] Sat, 24 October 2009 13:09 UTC Go to previous message
avatar cooldjez  is currently offline cooldjez
Go to my shop
Next to the fact that I like this ring very much myself (it is based on one of my older designs in silver), the biggest thing with this design is that the three rings that make up the design are only 1mm thick and have a depth of 2mm (the tube on the front has a diameter of 1.5mm). That said the ring still feels very sturdy.

I know that this defies the 3mm wall thickness rule for Stainless Steel, but I feel that this has to do with the way the ring is shaped.

At the back, the ring has a solid part that is 2.75mm x 2mm. This probably gives the printer a solid platform to start from, so that the thinner parts at the top/front can be supported.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/44696/ring___vizor.html

index.php?t=getfile&id=1671&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1672&private=0

• Attachment: Vizor1FL.jpg
    (Size: 66.93KB, Downloaded 1016 time(s))

• Attachment: Vizor2FL.jpg
    (Size: 59.89KB, Downloaded 1018 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Gear Heart arrived!
Next Topic:Mine arrived too ^^
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.