Home » Support » 3D Printing » Control Stick Grip
Search Search  
icon5.gif  Control Stick Grip [message #64625] Thu, 21 March 2013 21:03 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Jinkers  is currently offline Jinkers
Go to all my models
I'm new to the forums and new to 3D printing, but why let that stop me...

I am currently building a amateur home built light sport aircraft (Air-Bike if anyone is interested) and have been experimenting with ways to build it cheaper, lighter or just use new and creative methods. One of the items to be built or purchased is the control stick grip. There are certainly commercially available grips to be used but the ones I am looking at are in the $200-500 range. I was thinking that with the advances in 3D printing that designing my own grip and having it printed would be a unique and fun challenge and might save me some money.

A mic push button and hat switch for radio management can be had for around $20 total so if I could have the grip itself printed for $180 or less I would break even on cost. I have been looking around and believe that a simplified version of the B-8 fighter stick grip would be just about perfect. remove the trigger, thumb button and pinky switch and it's just what I'm looking for.

However, before I spend to much time working this up in Inventor I'd like to hear some "expert" opinions on what material would work best and what kind of cost I'd be looking at for a one off?

Thanks!

Scott

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Shapeways is telling me my object is to small
Next Topic:Precision of Stainless Steel printing
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.