Home » Community » Work in progress » Tube Minimum walls & Boolean subtract?
Search Search  
icon5.gif  Tube Minimum walls & Boolean subtract? [message #61631] Fri, 08 February 2013 21:00 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Mechanical  is currently offline Mechanical
Go to my shop
Hi everyone,

I just received my first 3d printed model and there are some issues which i could use some help with.

I have 2 questions -

How do i get Shapeways to recognize hollow areas - it seems as though they were ignored completely and filled solid with print material.
In 3DSMAX i created the hollow using a Boolean subtraction rather than Shell, was this a mistake?

Also, has anyone attempted to create small tubes using FUD and what are the smallest tubes physically possible? I need tubes that are as small as FUD will allow and they need to be functional -they will transport liquid within them. The tubes from the model i received today were fused solid, although it seems the 3d printer did at least make an attempt at them Wink .

Thanks in advance folks,
Paul.

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2013 21:01 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Skull Ring Customized by this forum
Next Topic:Some silver poker-related bling
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.