Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Fluctuating Markups
Search Search  
Fluctuating Markups [message #61242] Sat, 02 February 2013 19:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar PenistoneRailwayWorks  is currently offline PenistoneRailwayWorks
Go to my shop
I've noticed recently that the markup on items in my shop fluctuates slightly from what I had originally set. All prices appear in Euros and I'm assuming that as the exchange rate Shapeways uses changes then you update not only the cost of the model but the markup as well. Can I suggest that this probably isn't what most of us expect or want. I would assume that if (for example) I apply a mark up of 1.5 euros then that should always be the markup regardless of the base price.

I think there are a number of options any of which would make the markup easier to manage
- make the markup a fixed amount not dependent on exchange rate
- allow the markup to be a percentage of the base price rather than an actual amount
- simple show the cost (and markup) in dollars so that the exchange rate is taken out of the equation meaning the markup won't fluctuate

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Display order
Next Topic:Goodbye Glass December 6th
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.