Now Through Sunday Night. Black Friday Deals & Free Shipping! See the deals.
Home » Support » 3D Applications » Texture problems, EDIT: Solved it I think.
Search Search  
Texture problems, EDIT: Solved it I think. [message #59652] Sat, 05 January 2013 06:22 UTC
avatar Scout  is currently offline Scout
Go to all my models
Hi, so, I'm new to 3D printing, and I'm also pretty new to 3D modelling. I've been using Blender, and I converted an .obj file to .x3d, then tried uploading it, but got a message saying "It seems your product is missing the textures it needs to be 3D printed. Please check the uploaded file to make sure the texture is in the root directory (we don't support textures in subfolders). ", anndd I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I tried uploading the .x3d file on it's own, that didn't work, I tried putting it in a zip file with the texture(a png file), that didn't work, I don't really know what I'm meant to do, sorry if this is an incredibly n00by question but I'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Nevermind, I'm still not sure what I did wrong, but I tried another model and it worked fine, I guess there was just something wrong with my last model. Now to find out why a 2 inch figure is going to cost $50. I suck at this.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 January 2013 08:37 UTC]

Read Message
Previous Topic:Can you bend the rules for a Steel Pipe?
Next Topic:Rhino User - Naked Edges Question
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.