Home » Community » General Discussion » Will it print or not?
Search Search  
Will it print or not? [message #56175] Mon, 29 October 2012 16:12 UTC Go to previous message
avatar zero_hour  is currently offline zero_hour
Go to my shop
A month or so ago I created a model and had it printed in Black Detail to make sure everything was ok. It printed fine and I have the result.
Based on this I put together a product line in which includes this miniature in Black Detail (so I might need a couple dozen in the near future).

Last week I ordered a White Strong Flexible version (just to see if the quality was acceptable) and was told the walls were too thin?! That makes no sense as the black detail requires 1.0 mm and the WSF requires only 0.7 mm

So my question: Can I proceed with my product line, or is it a crap shoot whether Shapeways will print my model on any given day? In other words, will the Black Detail version be accepted (100% of the time) since it has already be successfully printed? Conversely, will White Strong Flexible be rejected 100% of the time? What about all of the other materials? I can't really afford to order every one in order to see what will work.

I KNOW the model prints fine as I have it here in my hand. Is there any way to just say "damn the automated check and print it"?

Honestly, I can't even leave the model for sale here on this website if it's going to be rejected randomly when customers order it. Shapeways may be ok with that level of unprofessionalism, but I hold my own business to a higher standard.

Thank you for the help - either from the Shapeways or the community. I saw the bit in the Thin Walls thread about previously accepted models now being rejected, but both of my orders are fairly recent (much more recent than that post) and so I don't think the checks changed from the one to the other.

0 hr: art & technology ( 0-hr.com )

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Dilbert does 3d printing, pure win!!!
Next Topic:How to Hollow?
Goto Forum:
   Go