Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Post production coloring (TD/WD, pWSF)
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Post production coloring (TD/WD, pWSF) [message #52510] Sun, 12 August 2012 13:40 UTC Go to next message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
High shop owners,

for my shop the most demanding need would be to have for my items some post production coloroing available (material detailed, polished WSF or FD).

Any other shop owner dealing with this question?

My practical constraints are:
- available color set (black, grey, silver, tan, olive)
- surface (glossy)
- coloring mechanism (most preferred sprayed)
- shipping (Shapeways ships to me as a shop owner, or to somebody who buys that. But how to deal with a post production office or a reseller)
(would like to have that in shapeways hand, but I also understand the constraints onm their side)

Anybody facing similar problems or has some solutions or practicable ways of woring in place?

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD
Re: Post production coloring (TD/WD, pWSF) [message #52588 is a reply to message #52510 ] Tue, 14 August 2012 19:28 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Woody,

You can dye the WSF yourself if none of the color options are available.

I have had success spray painting it too, but the results are better if it is dyed.

Some larger shop owners have all their models shipped to them first for coloring or post processing and then they ship onto their customers.

I hope that is helpful!

Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
Re: Post production coloring (TD/WD, pWSF) [message #52589 is a reply to message #52588 ] Tue, 14 August 2012 19:59 UTC Go to previous message
avatar woody64  is currently offline woody64
Go to my shop
Thx for your answer, Natalie.

Unfortunately shipping to the shop owner breaks the great logistic service shapeway's offers for us shop owners. In that case the complete order, send chain has to be rebuilt what I definitly want to avoid.

dying is a good option but my models need a smooth and shiny surface. So far I only had once success with spray painting in wSF and good results with Acryl paints on FD.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/34336019@N07/4767517650/in/phot ostream/
- https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/s720x 720/556591_423938627639152_1374000852_n.jpg

A lot of results can be seen on my facebook blog:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MinifigCustomsIn3d/1152530385 07714

Woody64

More then 7500 items sold over SW (but still a hobby)
Minifigcustomsin3d at: Facebook Flickr
References: 3d Printing Industries, CNN, J. Burks, Ugly Duckling, M.Evans, Stop Motion Film,Computer BILD

Previous Topic:External website integration
Next Topic:Hide Items Not For Sale

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.