| Community request top x [message #33119] Tue, 23 August 2011 08:08 UTC
Here's an attempt to put together some of the requests of our nice little community.|
Please post your feature requests to the thread and I will add them and try to compile an overview of most wanted.
(numbering is arbitrary and for short term reference, as items will be added and resorted)
- Report sales without markup
- Fix markup matrix for large shops: Breakdown per section / 10 rows per page to speed up / Hide models not for sale/Show only model not for sale.
- Improve site loading time, replace unnecessary ajax.
- Better markup management on product page, add a "to all" button
- Triple check the buying flow (add to cart vs order now)
- Modelnumbers in order overview.
- Order and orderline numbers in shipping email
- Shipped dates in order overview
- Personal orders in order overview
- Resubmit/Edit previous orders
- Rich description for each shop section (as current shop description)
- Make separate page of old shop-inventory, current old version has reload issues.
- Allow edit of shop-section names
- Allow sorting of shop-sections
- Long model names in order overview.
- Allow to move an object at the end/beginning of the list in the new product inventory and to move it to the next/previous "page", exactly as in the old inventory (a page could be a group of 8 objects for instance): one position at a time is not really efficient.
- Allow more than two lines of products in the old inventory
- Allow the editing of picture caption in product page (not only at upload time)
- Allow sorting of pictures in product page
- Allow more than one video in the product page
- Full model names in shipping email
- Differentiation between customer and personal orders in shipping email
- Delete models from an overview page
- Manage models from overview page (visible/private/unlisted)
- A better 3d viewer, preferably capable of color.
- Improve pricing model for co-creator items, markup dependent on actual volume used in uploaded model.
- Make download button available for shop-owners on co-creator models.
- Fix that models can't be updated, if "available in material" list is empty. (the (no suitable material/size error)
- Fix co-creator theme sort, sort by name/price does not work as expected.
- Improve voting system (moderated)
- Excel/CSV export/import feature, so we can mass edit all data for all models offline.
- Impossible to order co-creator items when "Listed on site" option is un-set. (private co-creator?)
- Shapeways should not cancel co-creator orders without contacting the designer, allowing to fix the error
- Fix the Material filter in the Gallery's Product (see for instance the category dice, where you will see that all dice seem to be available in any material, which they are not.
- Fix the Category selection, it is not consistent: for the first sub-category it is OK if you check the category and then the sub-category, but for the second if you check first a category you cannot check any of its sub-category anymore.
- Allow URL with brackets in the forum posts or remove any bracket from Shapeways URL's, because brackets break links.
- Fix count between brackets in shops section, the amount currently does not correlate with actual amount of public items. Magics jewels contains 27 items, page right bottom says 29
- Co-creator bug: sometimes an item from order overview does not appear on todo-list and designer does not get an email with link. The current fix/work-around is not clear.
- Improve communication about incidental manual fixes and workarounds.
- A "model page" as the customer sees, having a separate browser session to do so is cumbersome.
- The "model edit" pages as we see them now also have grown a bit beyond practical : "Choose a material" and "Related products" take up a lot space which could be more useful for editing things related to the model.
- The "Private Galleries" bit on the model page, has been superseded by "shop sections"? If not not used, why not hide it?
- Some sort of mini material matrix/list on the product page, so we can see all material markups for that model and use check boxes to enable/disable materials. Also instead of the sluggish "Not available in:" stuff.
- Reverse the awkward "Not available in" / "Add to unavailable" logic to the more logical "Model is designed for / printable in".
- For private models, on order rejection, do not fiddle with the materials list, do not set to "Not available".
- Consistent order numbers in each and every message ex. "Your model has been shipped" has no order number at all
ex. "Your order 36794 at Shapeways" and "Shapeways | Order 133629 was cancelled" have no apparent relation
- Consistent, sortable subject lines in each and every message
ex. "Your order 36794 at Shapeways"and "Shapeways | Order 133629 was cancelled" cannot be sorted by any means.
- A consistent information block in each and every message. Less blah-blah, more information: model number and names, order numbers, order dates, est. production dates, shipping dates, etc. etc.
- Order time in order overview
- Geographical location in order overview
- Allow youtube as image replacement at top of product page/Allow placement of youtube video in description using [video] or similar tag.
- Update dates when there are new delays with on going orders, maybe even send an email.
- In the product page, have a checkbox to indicate if hooks are to be added to the package for earrings (and later necklace for pendants, as soon as necklaces are re-introduced).
- Jewel category broken Fixed August 27
- Change several item's material in one step during ordering.
Keep ehm coming
[Updated on: Tue, 30 August 2011 14:16 UTC] by Moderator
- Artist / Engineer / Designer / Shopowner / Volunteer / Moderator -