Home »  » Shapeways Shops » serious design flaw in ordering
Search Search  
serious design flaw in ordering [message #32843] Wed, 17 August 2011 13:43 UTC Go to previous message
avatar dizingof  is currently offline dizingof
Go to my shop
Is it just me or has no one noticed that when you hit the "personalize" then "order now" ... nothing happens.... Confused
and by that i mean you are not redirect to any page (!?)

You need to "figure out" that your basket icon has a counter of the items you ordered , click on it then choose if to go to the check out or to continue shopping ....

In my opinion that is a flaw in design.... "Order now" means NOW

Flyby surfers especially from search engines expect to be re-directed to a checkout page not get stuck on the same page they landed on.. and be puzzled what the heck now...

Newbies surfers / search engines traffic, when they hit the order now , they should be presented with the cart page immediately THEN either they click on "Go to checkout" or "continue shopping"

The buying momentum must be kept ...

Just try to recall when one of your models ordered then failed for printing and you ask customer support to notify customer that now he can order a fixed one.... well.. you get zero to very low % of re-orders - why? spontaneous buying.. you lost that buying momentum.. !

Anyway that's my take on this issue - besides you can see this kind of ordering flow on almost any e-commerce out there.

- what you guys think about it?

http://www.3Dizingof.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:e-mail review
Next Topic:Shop Sections
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.