Home » Community » It arrived! » Steampunk Tentacle Ear Gauges
Search Search  
icon14.gif  Steampunk Tentacle Ear Gauges [message #63123] Sat, 02 March 2013 21:34 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Action_N  is currently offline Action_N
Go to my shop
My latest client commission arrived in the mail yesterday: a pair of steampunk-themed tentacle ear gauges in black plastic. They're absurdly light weight for their large size, but what makes this design so cool is that most of the gears actually rotate! The two gears embedded in the tentacles near the top of each gauge rotate on internal axles, while the gear encircling the tentacle near the bottom of each gauge rotates around the tentacle itself.

Photographing these earrings wasn't easy, as BSF is fairly matte. I had to turn on every light in the room, enable my cell phone camera flash, AND crank the camera's light sensitivity up all the way to capture any kind of surface detail.

Still, I won't lie - I haven't been this excited about a client commission in a very long time.

index.php?t=getfile&id=28344&private=0

Regards,
Action N

"And though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

~ Ulysses

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Centrifugal Puzzle Box
Next Topic:Aleysha Figurine 76 mm
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.