Home » Support » Bug Reporting » WSF polished
Search Search  
WSF polished [message #60935] Mon, 28 January 2013 13:45 UTC Go to previous message
avatar lukeuedasarson  is currently offline lukeuedasarson
Go to my shop
I've been hit with a bunch of rejected models problems recently with customers choosing WSF polished. On the materials page, it says 0.2 mm embossed is fine, but 0.5 mm is needed for readable text. Fine, none of my models have text, let alone text that needs to be readable. I've had models printed out with 0.42 mm embossing, and decided that they gave details that were TOO prominent - e.g the vertical bars on this 1:144 scale truck running down the rectangular box behind the cab.

Now I've been told they won't print out anything with less than 0.5 mm detail, despite the materials page clearly saying the limit is 0.2 mm, and previous experience showing 0.42 is *more* than enough to withstand polishing.

Which is annoying to say the least. Almost as annoying is being told (admittedly in a very polite manner!) to redesign the models. 50 models don't redesign themselves at the drop of a hat...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:PayPal experiencing issues temporarily
Next Topic:Edits do not take effect - option for Download with Private, no Download etc. set.
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.