Our Gift to You: 20% off your own designs in Strong & Flexible Plastic through Dec 23, with promo code MY2014 · details
Home » Community » Introductions » not sure this would work, please let me know
Search Search  
not sure this would work, please let me know [message #60550] Tue, 22 January 2013 23:33 UTC Go to previous message
avatar ttocs  is currently offline ttocs
Go to all my models
Hello my name is Scott. I have always liked cars and customizing them, especially my 94 mustang. 2-3 yrs ago I noticed that there were no quarter window louvers made for my 94 gt and wondered what a set might look like if I made them. I spent some time shaping medium density fiberboard and bondo into the product below.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/4582/3401/23954200151_medium.jpg

WhenI was done I posted pics on my cardomain page and also on a mustang forum and was happy to hear from a few people that said they would buy a set if I ever made them. I planned on making another one for the drivers side and using these two pieces as a plug for a fiberglass mold so I could then copy them out of fiberglass. It got put on the back burner because I have never made a mold before and has just been waiting for other projects to finish so I could go back to this one. Could 3d printing be a possibility to make these and would they be durable enough to withstand the elements if they were on a car? Would it be possible to take the model of this side and reverse it to fit the drivers side? Neat stuff, thanks for your time.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Hi folks, newbie here
Next Topic:New member
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.