Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe
Search Search  
Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56119] Sun, 28 October 2012 19:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mikemarschke  is currently offline mikemarschke
Go to all my models
Hi,
I want to produce a model of my wife's family's cabin in the woods to insert into a snow globe kit. My wife got the idea from the following blog post:

http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77

We would like to do something very similar to this. My wife took several images of the cabin from different angles. I've played around in Sketchup, and I think I could get the basic shape of the building done pretty well, but the steps beyond that to prepare a file that I can upload to shapeways looks to be beyond my capabilities, or at least the time I have to devote to it to figure it out. We're hoping to be able to give a few of these as Christmas gifts, so I know that's probably already starting to get tight. I'll attach 1 image of the cabin here, and can provide more later.

Please let me know how much it might cost to help produce a final file that can be uploaded to shapeways - and whether you'd rather do it from scratch based on the photos, or if it would be helpful (and possibly save me a bit of money) if I provide a Sketchup file of the basic shape of the cabin.

Thanks!
Mike

• Attachment: P1020940.JPG
    (Size: 4.60MB, Downloaded 66 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:MODELER NEEDED: Pinball Machine Modifications
Next Topic:Modeler needed for ring-making
Goto Forum: