Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe
Search Search  
Model of cabin needed for custom snow globe [message #56119] Sun, 28 October 2012 19:35 UTC Go to previous message
avatar mikemarschke  is currently offline mikemarschke
Go to all my models
Hi,
I want to produce a model of my wife's family's cabin in the woods to insert into a snow globe kit. My wife got the idea from the following blog post:

http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=77

We would like to do something very similar to this. My wife took several images of the cabin from different angles. I've played around in Sketchup, and I think I could get the basic shape of the building done pretty well, but the steps beyond that to prepare a file that I can upload to shapeways looks to be beyond my capabilities, or at least the time I have to devote to it to figure it out. We're hoping to be able to give a few of these as Christmas gifts, so I know that's probably already starting to get tight. I'll attach 1 image of the cabin here, and can provide more later.

Please let me know how much it might cost to help produce a final file that can be uploaded to shapeways - and whether you'd rather do it from scratch based on the photos, or if it would be helpful (and possibly save me a bit of money) if I provide a Sketchup file of the basic shape of the cabin.

Thanks!
Mike

• Attachment: P1020940.JPG
    (Size: 4.60MB, Downloaded 71 time(s))

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:MODELER NEEDED: Pinball Machine Modifications
Next Topic:Modeler needed for ring-making
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.