Home » Community » Work in progress » A strategy for a check-print?
Search Search  
A strategy for a check-print? [message #55945] Thu, 25 October 2012 21:16 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Syncopator  is currently offline Syncopator
Go to all my models
Ultimately, I'd like to print an item in silver as a pendant. However, at my desired size and necessary resolution, I'd like to print it in a cheaper material and maybe a bit larger if necessary to get an idea how the design will stand up to the effects of the scanning, etc. i know those effects on one material,will look different on another, but I don't relish the idea of shelling out $100 and finding that it looks like crap because the process isn't perfect.

My first idea was to print it slightly larger in White Detail. I just found out that it didn't make wall thickness (no specifics on exactly where, but I see now there are several spots, as I didn't notice that White Detail is actually worse than several of the others in that regard). I'm thinking of trying again in FD or FUD.

Any suggestions in this regard? When you have a model that might be pushing some limits, is there a way to vet it in a cheaper material before you go for broke?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Cantilever signal bridge
Next Topic:iphone 4/4S dummy original size downloadable
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.