Home » Community » Shapeways Shops » Consistency Would be Nice
Search Search  
Consistency Would be Nice [message #54314] Thu, 20 September 2012 21:47 UTC
avatar tdr.innovations  is currently offline tdr.innovations
Go to my shop
Some of my models.....which have been printed many many times are now being rejected.

One of my regular customers just sent me this PM

I just got an e-mail from Shapeway saying that the 5/8 rod ends in 1/8 scale cannot be done in the material selected. I have ordered and received two or three orders of these rod ends in the past year and I love them, they're perfect. The e-mail said to contact you about this problem. Can you help because I'm stumped as to what to do. There must be a mistake.

I know the kit prints......the parts are in no way fragile, they are almost a solid block of material.......I have printed out similar parts that were half the size of these particular rodends (1/4" to be exact)......I know the mesh is clean it is generated by a high end CAD package which has always created a clean STL file......

I have hundreds of model kits listed on the Shapeways site......I really cannot afford the time running around and chasing these "phantom" problems.....

Is there any way we could flag certain models to tell Shapeways to print it no matter what their checking software tells them.....If there is a problem and the customer complains then the refund could be taken out of MY Acount, that way Shapeways does not have to eat the cost of a bad part??

TDR Innovations

Read Message
Previous Topic:More search results in the shops possible?
Next Topic:Limited issue
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.