Home » Community » It arrived! » Even Less Gears! by OSKAR
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Even Less Gears! by OSKAR [message #21557] Sun, 12 December 2010 15:48 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Even Less Gears! is a variation of Meffert's Gear Cube, replacing eight geared edges by non-geared ones.

As Even Less Gears! has only four geared edges, four faces can make quarter turns like a Rubik's Cube, whereas the fifth and sixth face are coupled through the gears. However, one scrambled, more faces get coupled. The fact that sometimes faces are coupled and sometimes not, makes this puzzle arguably even harder than Gear Cube Extreme.

Watch the YouTube video (with bonus question).
Buy the eight add-on parts from my Shapeways Shop.
Buy the Gear Cube from Mefferts.com.
Read more at the Twisty Puzzles Forum.
Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=6303&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=6304&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=6305&private=0

Re: Even Less Gears! by OSKAR [message #21558 is a reply to message #21557 ] Sun, 12 December 2010 17:01 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar Gijs  is currently offline Gijs
Go to my shop
Wow, Oskar, this is truly a remarkable puzzle. You must have a very twisted mind (pun intended Wink that you can design and make puzzles like these!
I have never been able to solve a rubics cube without some tutorials, although once I had the method in mind, I could solve one in a couple of minutes. This one looks seems to be even more challenging! Great work.

And on the photos, the replaced parts seem to be high gloss plastic, does this mean you are going to get this mass produced as well?

www.studiogijs.nl
Re: Even Less Gears! by OSKAR [message #21559 is a reply to message #21558 ] Sun, 12 December 2010 17:06 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
> does this mean you are going to get this mass produced as well?
Well, I built this puzzle as a mix-and-match of parts from mass-produced puzzles.

Previous Topic:Anisotropic Cube by OSKAR
Next Topic:architectural model : 95 x 45 x 15 cm

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.