Home » Community » It arrived! » Crazy Comet by OSKAR
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Crazy Comet by OSKAR [message #6696] Sun, 20 September 2009 12:08 UTC Go to next message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
Hi Shapeways fans,

Crazy Comet is a twisty puzzle related to Rubik's Cube. This one is based on a rhombododecahedron.
-----
Additional info for twisty-puzzle experts: Crazy Comet is an umodded, unbandaged version of Okamoto's Bevel Cube and Adam Cowan's Helicopter Cube. It is the smallest isometric twisty puzzle that "jumbles". According to the definition by Bram Cohen, a "jumbling twisty puzzle" is a non-doctrinaire twisty puzzle that cannot be unbandaged into a doctrinaire one. Got it?
-----

Watch the YouTube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E0Aalkx1V8

Buy the puzzle.
http://www.shapeways.com/model/45493/crazy_comet.html

Check out the photos below.

Enjoy!

Oskar

index.php?t=getfile&id=1412&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1413&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=1414&private=0

[Updated on: Sun, 03 October 2010 15:24 UTC]

icon10.gif  Re: Crazy Comet [message #7377 is a reply to message #6696 ] Wed, 21 October 2009 03:49 UTC Go to previous messageGo to next message
avatar stardust4ever  is currently offline stardust4ever
Go to all my models
Most awesome twistypuzzle I've ever seen. It's ashame we don't have more twistypuzzles people here. If/when I ever get some disposable income, I'd definitely love to own this one someday. What material do you print your twistypuzzles with, and how good is the rotation?

Cool
Re: Crazy Comet [message #7387 is a reply to message #7377 ] Wed, 21 October 2009 17:39 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Oskar_van_Deventer  is currently offline Oskar_van_Deventer
Go to my shop
1) White strong and flexible
2) A bit stiff, given the nylon sintered powder faces

Previous Topic:SM'90
Next Topic:Coloring Help