V-Ray for Rhino Materials? Rendering Advice?

Discussion in 'Design and Modeling' started by eNonsense, Jan 25, 2013.

1. eNonsense
    eNonsense Member
    Hi all.

I just finalized some models and would like to start throwing newer stuff into my shop and have been messing around with V-Ray in Rhino to create some nice looking renders of my models to display with the actual photos. I definitely don't feel like setting up studio rendering environments is anywhere near as intuitive to me as the actual modeling, but I'm slowly figuring it out. I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for instructional resources to create a studio environment in V-Ray for Rhino. I have been able to find some videos on Youtube and what-not, but most of them are for outdoor architectural renderings. The renderings on my current items were done with some defaults in Solidworks and I like the way they look, but I don't use Solidworks any more and no longer have it on my computer to use. I haven't been able to get anything that looks that well in V-Ray.

I was also wondering if anyone has built any good materials for V-Ray that they would be willing to share. Perhaps ones similar to the materials that Shapeways offers. Building materials seems even more complicated to me than setting up the lighting. Advice is appreciated as well.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013