Home » Support » 3D Design » Turn engraving into a hole
Search Search  
Show: Today's Messages    Show Polls    Message Navigator
Turn engraving into a hole [message #57018] Sun, 18 November 2012 09:09 UTC Go to next message
avatar a3333326  is currently offline a3333326
Go to all my models
Hi,

I was wondering is it possible to turn an engraving into a hole? Such that it not just an engrave on a ring but something like an extraction.

Thank you very much.

Regards,
Wade
Re: Turn engraving into a hole [message #57035 is a reply to message #57018 ] Sun, 18 November 2012 19:23 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Fredd  is currently offline Fredd
Go to all my models
There is a tool in some programs called Boolean difference modifier. For example you could have a manifold cube with a manifold cylinder bisecting it, run the boolean, result would be just the cube and a tunnel running through it, if this is what you need.

Have any questions regarding Blender, and need fast answers, you are always welcome at the IRC Server Freenode, channel #blender. As a bonus, several there have experience in modelling for 3D prints.

Keith

Previous Topic:Ring design
Next Topic:I can't seem to get the right scale / 3ds max

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.