Shop payments and sales not updating?

Discussion in 'Shapeways Shops' started by GeomatrixDesigns, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Just to clarify, although the payments have sent out, we still have an issue with the proper values being displayed on the 'Manage Shop' pages (Current Payment / Next Payment / Pending Payments / Payment History).

I'm currently diving into why this is happening and should have an update shortly.

2. B1lancer
    B1lancer Member
    Until the numbers in the shop section are displaying correctly would it not be logical to remove them? There is nothing in the shop section to say the numbers displayed are incorrect, so unless you read the forum then you'll go on assuming that the numbers are correct.

It would only take a moment to disable the function, or apply some red text below to state the numbers are incorrect. It's very frustraiting, I was using the numbers on the shop interface in spreadsheets, so now I have a whole load of spreadsheets which are useless

And still the incorrect numbers are displayed as if they are fact.

Regards,

Jack

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  3. Thanks B1lancer, your suggestion is a great one and we've made the change tonight :)

I posted a quick update in the Official Announcements forum about this issue.

We've released a short term fix to allow you to get immediate visibility into your finances and payments. We're also hard at work on a long term fix, and I'll post more about that tomorrow.

Click here for the short term fix (and please excuse the ugliness!!)

Thank you so much for your patience. We want to build the best site possible for you guys, and I know that at the moment, it feels like we're working against you, rather than with you.

4. stop4stuff
    stop4stuff Well-Known Member
    Hi Brad,

Thanks for sorting out the shop payments yesterday - you wouldn't believe how good the timing was.

And just to let you know, my shop payments worked out correctly to the penny :)

Cheers,
    Paul

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    Great to hear Paul! :eek:

next time we will make sure that the timing will be even better... like "on-time" ;)

6. stop4stuff
    I'll raise my glass to you Mitchell, thank you for putting up with me pestering you this week and being so polite too [​IMG]

7. Quick update guys, we're going to have this fixed for good by May 15th (the next pay period).

8. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    Are you you guys still working on this ? The figures I'm seeing on the new mysales page seem to be not only wrong but changing when I go back.

It's currently showing nothing due in may but a rather nice large figure due in June.

Tom

9. matt_atknsn
    matt_atknsn Member
    To add (I think the page refreshed a few moments ago), the figures are now showing sales for two months (under Sale Date: Mar 16 '12 - May 15 '12; Payment Date of Jun 15 '12...) quite a sum :eek: but sadly had to face reality of it being two months :rolleyes:

Cheers!
    -RoeT

10. robo3687
    robo3687 Member
    yeah my figures are all right except the most recent ones are displaying correctly

instead of showing a "march 16 '12 - april 15 '12" and "april 16 12' - may 15 '12" it seems to have lumped both payments into a single payment designated "nov 16 '11 - may 15 '12" that will be paid on june 15th....

but its a minor issue as the figures do seem to finally be correct and the issue seems to be how they're displayed...

also should say I'm quite happy with how this has been handled with shapeways finding and planning on paying lost sales and dealing out gift cards to affected stores...

:)

11. stannum
    stannum Well-Known Member
    Things sold up to April 15th should be paid March 15th as the How We Pay info suggests? Or June as the Past Sales section says?

Past Sales table is a bit messy anyway, with no real table lines and all kind of formating issues pushing numbers around.

12. stop4stuff
    :(

I didn't get what I was expecting & payment due for next month is showing more than double what it should be, and that payout will be a month too late for what the money was intended for.

13. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    I got the exact same amount as last month, anyone else?

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  14. robo3687
    robo3687 Member
    now that you mention it...yeah....it was the exact same amount....

15. B1lancer
    B1lancer Member
    Yes, I got paid the exact same amount as last month :confused

This was supposed to be paid on the 15th, it was a day late.

The numbers are supposed to be correct, but the amounts which have been paid are different to the numbers.

This whole system system seems to have broken down, I have little trust anymore even in the spreadsheet, the rest of the numbers in the new calculator are wrong, the amounts paid are wrong and the payment is late.

I much prefered the old Shapeways 3 years ago, sure it was simpler, but it WORKED which as a customer/co-partner with a shop was all that mattered to me.

The worst thing you can do when you have an issue like this is start giving out dates for when things will be corrected, with anything like this you can get unknown spanners in the works and missing a deadline you have set reduces trust and moral.

Kindest Regards,

Jack

16. stop4stuff
    Yep [​IMG]

17. tebee
    tebee Well-Known Member
    yes me too -- and strangely enough this s not the right figure

18. virtox
    virtox Active Member Moderator
    Thanks all for confirming, all info has been forwarded and the proper people have been alerted.
    (Might take a few hours till US wakes up)

So far it seems like an honest (but stupid :rolleyes:) mistake in payments.
    And it looks like the new front-end has some minor issues, which I am sure will be fixed very soon.

But so far I have seen no sign that the order overview figures would be wrong.

And rest assured, in my 3 years as shop owner, all inconsistencies have ALWAYS been solved to full satisfaction.

Let's try to see it as growing pains?
    (going from tens/hundreds of shop owners and (manual) payments to automated thousands(?) requires system upgrades ;) )

And as far as I can tell, payments were made on the 15th ? (US time)

Cheers,

Stijn

19. Hey guys, we definitely made a mistake in shop owner payments this month. And yes it's a stupid mistake: we submitted last month's figures to paypal. Although we're mostly automated there is still some manual stuff involved.

We're working on resolving it now and will make sure that every shop owner gets paid what he/she is owed. Expect a more detailed follow-up email later today.

Also, we're aware that there are issues with the display side of the reports. Some of those are due to the incorrect payments, but we're working on other discrepancies that we've noticed.

Thank you for your patience.
    Brad

20. 7943_deleted
    7943_deleted Member
    Well, this is embarrassing. It looks like we spoke too soon.

While we knew there would be a few discrepancies in reporting (and individuals were alerted), we were not anticipating to payout the incorrect amounts. My sincere apologies.

Here's what happened:
    1.We submitted last month's sheet to paypal, instead of this month. So, as some of you have noticed, you got paid the exact same payment as last month.
    2.On your shop 'My Sales Page', the figures are not matching up.

Here's how we will fix it TODAY:
    We are submitting THIS month's payment to paypal and paying the difference.The end result is that TODAY everyone will have the correct May payment amount in their paypal account.

My Sales Page: The figures on your payments page will reflect the correct amounts.

We feel very silly indeed, so while the finance team is fixing the amounts, I am taking out all our collective frustration on the Shapeways bunny:

Screen Shot 2012-05-16 at 11.19.53 AM.png

(thanks to Stephan Witte for the pic)