Sales Overview Download Guide
It's easy to filter your Sales Overview to view your payment details. You can filter the Sales Overview to view the details for any month. Let's take a look at the how to see data for an October 15, 2012 payment date in a program that can open CSV files, like Microsoft Excel.
- 1. Download your Sales Overview Download (csv). Remember you need to be logged in to download your Sales Overview CSV!
- 2. Open the Sales Overview CSV with a program like Microsoft Excel.
- 3. Select row 3. Make sure the row is selected!
- 4. Select 'Data' from the menu bar and select 'Filter'. Make sure that row 3 is still selected!
- 5. Find column 'K' titled 'Production Status', select the filter drop-down, and only select 'Shipped'.
- 6. Find column 'R' titled 'Payment Date', select the filter drop-down, and only select '2012-10-15'.
- 7. Select all values in column 'M' titled 'Markup (VAT Excluded)'. The sum here will be equal to the sub-total of your Payment Invoice. The sum here is $284.31
- 8. Select the Markup Invoice Overview worksheet.
- 9. Find the Markup Date that corresponds with the payment date. In our example it is 2012-10-15.
- 10. Subtract column 'E' title 'Markup Fee (VAT Excluded)' from the sum of 'Markup (VAT Excluded)'. 284.31-9.95 = 274.36
- 11. Add column 'C' titled 'Total Markup VAT' to the amount you calculated in step 10. 274.36+57.62 = 331.98
- 12. The amount calculated in step 11 should match column 'G' for the row associated with the 2012-10-15 'Markup Date'. This is the amount you were paid for all sales from 2012-09-15 to 2012-10-14.
Q: Why do I have to hover over the cells? Can't I just use SUM()?
A: Unfortunately, Excel's SUM() feature ignores any filters you've applied. This causes the SUM'd amount to include any Cancelled orders that were placed, and thus gives you an inaccurate number.
Q: Will this work with LibreOffice/Google Docs or another spreadsheet program?
A: It should. The steps may be different, however, as we haven't run through the same process in other office applications.
Q: After going through the steps you outlined above, my payment numbers still don't match!!
A: If you're still having issues, please Contact Customer Service.
Q: How come 'Total Markup Vat', 'Markup Earned', 'Markup Fee (VAT Excluded)', and 'Markup Fee (VAT Included)' are not available in the Sales Overview sheet?
A: We're currently working on making these columns available in the Sales Overview sheet, we appreciate you hanging in there with us!
Q: Why are all of your screenshots taken on a Mac? PC FTW!!
A: Some of us use Mac's, some PC's! No need to hate.