Any update on non-UPS shipping options?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by 97091_deleted, Aug 4, 2011.

1. I have my eyes on some models but $20 is just too much to ship a few knickknacks. Any progress?

2. Inlite
    Inlite Member
    No updates, no information. For something they are "working on" and that "isnt on the backburner" it seems to have been forgotten about. I used to order
    a model a month before this, it was fun and exciting seeing my imagined designs become objects you could hold in your hand. Now I just cant justify paying half the price of the models over again just to get them.

3. GrumpyOldMan
    GrumpyOldMan Member
    Hi

Should we try CPR on this topic or is too late.

GrumpyOldMan

4. PeregrineStudios
    PeregrineStudios Well-Known Member
  5. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    While my earlier statement about being hit with a $14 charge from UPS on a $7.50 order still stands, I have noticed lately that if I keep my orders under around $20 I don't get hit with any extra charges. So, if I order two $20 models in two orders and pay $13 shipping it works out cheaper ($53) than putting it into one order and paying $40 for the models, $6.50 shipiing and then a UPS robbery charge of $15.20 for a total of $61.70.

Glenn

6. AliDesign
    AliDesign Member
    UPS is plain ROBBERY. I just paid $16 brokerage fee for a $19 model I printed from shapeways.

This needs to be a Shapeways priority. I would love to work with you guys but not if I have to pay double for everything. Please implement a Canadian shipping solution soon.

7. rapierdragon
    rapierdragon Member
    Amen brother!

My first shapeways order, about a month ago, was only some $13, so UPS didn't charge me anything.

Today my second order arrives, value of about $31... and the UPS guy tells me that there's an "import fee" of $15. I was somewhat sleepy so I didn't really think about it and just got out my checkbook and paid it.

And now I look a few things up and find out what rip-off artists UPS are.

Only to a tiny amount (like say, 5%) of the blame do I put at the feet of Shapeways. My items did come well wrapped in bubble-wrap, but they were sent in a box measuring something like 8" x 10" x 5" ... Shapeways could have easily used like a quarter of the bubble-wrap and fit my 3 items into a box less than a quarter of that size (a box of maybe 5" x 3" x 4" could have just as easily worked). Though after reading a few UPS horror stories, I can understand why Shapeways would use so much bubble-wrap and such a big box for such small items.

In future I'm gonna make sure my orders stay under $20, and if UPS demands extra money again I'll tell them to take their bogus fees and eat them.

8. Hi,
    Any update on with regards to shipping in Singapore?
    Thanks!