Fine Detail Plastic Tan And Clear

Discussion in 'Materials' started by mike962, Nov 22, 2023.

1. mike962
    mike962 Active Member
    Does anyone have images of parts they've printed out of this material? I'm curious how it prints compared to the old Fine Detail Plastic, how the parts look.

2. srnjm420
    srnjm420 Well-Known Member
    I have had prints done in both. The clear is very nice for certain parts to print. I do scale fire trucks and the clear prints a perfect lightbar for the top of the cab.

As for the tan, I am not a big fan. I think the frosted was better. I have had a few customer complaints about the material being brittle and not painting well.

Brian

mike962 likes this.
  3. mike962
    mike962 Active Member
    Thanks for replying Brian. As a "clear" part, what's the clarity quality like?

4. srnjm420
    srnjm420 Well-Known Member
    I have only printed small light bars in the material. From what I can see, they appear pretty clear. Clearer than what FUD was.

5. mike962
    mike962 Active Member
    Forgot to ask, regarding the Tan, what's the surface finish like? The preview renderings make it look somewhat porous.

6. Can direct cast in gold or silver metal Tan Fine Detail Plastic

7. Keystone_Details
    Keystone_Details Well-Known Member
    Are you suggesting the tan FDP can be used for burnout material in an investment casting mold?

8. can we direct cast FDP in gold metal or silver ? thank you.

9. bwterrainforge
    bwterrainforge Well-Known Member
    yes tan is porous and has a somewhat powdery surface. Also there are noticable layer lines