Home » Community » It arrived! » Gear Heart arrived!
Search Search  
 () 3 Vote(s)
Gear Heart arrived! [message #4572] Sun, 24 May 2009 01:54 UTC Go to previous message
avatar thehumanhive  is currently offline thehumanhive
Go to my shop
Hi Everyone,

Gear Heart has arrived and I wanted to share some pictures and video with you all.
Here is a link to the product page: Gear Heart

I got a little too excited and I forgot to take pictures of the pieces before I sent them swimming. Sad

I used Jacquard Vermillion Acid Dye following the instructions on their website and got some strange results. If anybody would like details on how to achieve the same strange results, just let me know. I'd be happy to share. Razz

Here is the assembled heart!
http://www.kilbit.com/IMG_4417.jpg

The dyed heart looks, feels, and sounds like it is made from wood. (Perhaps, Purpleheart?)

Anyhow, let's get to what we've all been waiting for... ::drum roll:: ... the video!

Gear Heart - The Movie! (and, in .mp4 format, here)

I have one more video to show that, although some of the gears have "play" in them, the model as a whole is still fairly rigid and certainly quite durable. (Perhaps I'll be able to tighten it up a bit with a revision.)

Gear Heart - Durable? (and, in .mp4 format, here)

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words and encouragement I've received so far. I really appreciate it.

Best regards,
~David

[Updated on: Mon, 25 May 2009 15:38 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Floppy 3x3x3 by OSKAR
Next Topic:Steel Ring - Vizor (defying the Stainless Steel rules)
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.