Home » Support » 3D Applications » SolidWorks problem, lack of colour
Search Search  
icon4.gif  SolidWorks problem, lack of colour [message #27110] Sun, 08 May 2011 14:47 UTC
avatar MehMeh27  is currently offline MehMeh27
Go to all my models
I am having problems with saving as .stl or .wrl, in SolidWorks. It works, but it loses all colour. At first I had individual faces coloured, which took a long time, now I've got a seperate bodies for each colour, which saves a lot of time when trying to change it. Using either method though, it's not saving the colour to .stl or .wrl, and I don't know why. :\

Help!

Oh, it saves the colour of the overall part specifically, but not any applied to faces or individual bodies.

Edit:
Okay, I'm trying to use Blender now to colour the parts. I've attached the .blend file. When I try to export all the parts as .stl, .obj, or .x3d it doesn't save with colour.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or is it not supposed to save with colour? :\

Okay, I figured out how to add colour using textures with AccuTrans 3D, to .wrl format. Very happy I've done it, now I can start making more stuff. :) (well, I'll order this and see how it turns out...)

[Updated on: Tue, 10 May 2011 11:34 UTC]

Read Message
Previous Topic:blender - wrap a ribbon to a cylinder
Next Topic:What CAD Software To Use?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.