Home » Community » Introductions » Now what ? :-)
Search Search  
Now what ? :-) [message #12385] Sun, 02 May 2010 13:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar HyperForm  is currently offline HyperForm
Go to my shop
Hi there,

I just registered to Shapeways and I would like to find out more about selling my models/designs. I read the FAQ but many questions still remain unanswered.

I'm a 3D modeler and I even had the opportunity to play around 3d printing (although those were always custom models for clients not objects/designs made for "stock" ), so obviously my questions are 'market' specific.

So the first question is what to model/upload. I can do basically anything, but would like to know what people actually buy? Some abstract sculptures, hobby related items, geek memorabilia ? Smile I'm sure some people would like to buy game related figures, but as fas as I know there are some specialized companies doing this sort of thing already.

Another topic would be technical guidelines. For example how thin a "wall" of a model can be and generally how can I check how the structure behaves in real life. I would like to know if Shapeways can print the models "for a test".

Thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Hi from Spain! First model here!
Next Topic:Hi, from Oklahoma
Goto Forum:
   Go