Home » Community » Introductions » Now what ? :-)
Search Search  
Now what ? :-) [message #12385] Sun, 02 May 2010 13:13 UTC Go to previous message
avatar HyperForm  is currently offline HyperForm
Go to my shop
Hi there,

I just registered to Shapeways and I would like to find out more about selling my models/designs. I read the FAQ but many questions still remain unanswered.

I'm a 3D modeler and I even had the opportunity to play around 3d printing (although those were always custom models for clients not objects/designs made for "stock" ), so obviously my questions are 'market' specific.

So the first question is what to model/upload. I can do basically anything, but would like to know what people actually buy? Some abstract sculptures, hobby related items, geek memorabilia ? Smile I'm sure some people would like to buy game related figures, but as fas as I know there are some specialized companies doing this sort of thing already.

Another topic would be technical guidelines. For example how thin a "wall" of a model can be and generally how can I check how the structure behaves in real life. I would like to know if Shapeways can print the models "for a test".

Thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Hi from Spain! First model here!
Next Topic:Hi, from Oklahoma
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.