Home » Support » 3D Design » Help Modifying an STL file
Search Search  
Help Modifying an STL file [message #71831] Thu, 18 July 2013 21:01 UTC Go to previous message
avatar allenrockwell  is currently offline allenrockwell
Go to all my models
I have a design that the file format I have for it is the STL file and I'm having a hell of a time getting Shapeways to make the part for me. Several of the details on the model were too small to print so I was able to figure out how to delete those details using Meshlab .... but now I am left one last "error" that I cannot get past; The trailing edge of the wing is too thin,,, of course it comes to a sharp point as all wings should ... but Shapeways refuses to run the part as long as that's the case.

I am out of solutions as to how to make the wing thicker at the trailing edge. Any ideas?

If the trailing edge of the wing was thicker I could get it printed and then sand the wing back to it's proper shape after I get the part.

STL file is attached, the file is in inches.

PS, I know if this was a part that I designed from scratch I could simply edit the solids file in Autodesk Inventor ... but obviously that's not the case. ... and I'd rather not recreate it from scratch if possible.

Thanks.

Allen
GameCraft Miniatures
www.gcmini.com

index.php?t=getfile&id=36822&private=0

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Full Color Sandstone question
Next Topic:Skyrim Dovakin
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.