Home »  » 3D Applications » Blender Question
Search Search  
Blender Question [message #62521] Thu, 21 February 2013 14:47 UTC Go to previous message
avatar stonysmith  is currently offline stonysmith
Go to my shop
I have a question for any Blender Experts out there.

The attached part started as a truncated pyramid, which I then applied a set of Fillets around the edges. The problem is.. the sides are still "straight". The sides of this part need to have a slight curve outward. I'm attempting to make the cab for this: http://www.toytractorshow.com/AGCOcat.jpg - as you can see, it's a very slight curve.

Here's my question: Is there a tool in Blender that would "squish" this mesh and cause it to bulge outward slightly, resulting in a curved surface?

I could easily slice the model to add vertexes in a horizontal plane, and then take those points and stretch them outward, but that doesn't give me a curve, and I'd like to avoid having to do that slicing 20 times or more to achieve a smooth curve.

I'm not looking for somone to "do" it for me.. if you could just tell me "how".

• Attachment: Cab.stl
    (Size: 138.56KB, Downloaded 43 time(s))

Patience, Persistance, Politeness - the 3Ps will help us get us to Perfect Printed Products

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:3D printing electronics?
Next Topic:VMRL file not showing all textures on Export
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.