Home » Community » General Discussion » Questions regarding Full colour sandstone
Search Search  
Questions regarding Full colour sandstone [message #59989] Thu, 10 January 2013 20:37 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Psychobob  is currently offline Psychobob
Go to my shop
Hello Shapeways community!

Back again with what I'm sure are basic questions. My next model is almost ready, but I did have questions regarding full colour sandstone as I've never printed in this material before.

• Colour accuracy - How accurate is the colour between the texture file and the final output. Does it tend to be a bit darker/lighter (just so I know whether I need to correct this before placing an order)? If anyone is willing to post a picture of a FCS print along with a texture file sample used on the model so I can compare the two, that would be fantastic!

• Drilling - I know FCS is 'fragile', but do you think you can drill a hole through it without it shattering (drilling by hand carefully, as opposed to using a power tool)?

• Superglue - My understanding is that after the FCS has been printed it's covered in a special kind of glue to help increase it's strenght (and deepen the colours?). Has anyone tried then attaching something to it with regular superglue? I imagine this would be fine, but I wanted to just double check

• Transparency - In your experience, if you held the FCS up to a light, is it semi transparent or pretty solid?

• Ink running - I know this isn't a dishwasher safe product, but if you did get it a bit wet by accident (let's say you spill some water on it), does the ink run?

• Multiple shells - If you have multiple shells that 'clip' into one another, will they print as one piece like they do for white strong and flexible prints?

Thanks as always!

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2013 22:16 UTC]

Check out my blog on my 3D print projects:
http://www.psychobob.co.uk

And here's my Shapeways shop!
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/PsychobobArts

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Earring hooks
Next Topic:Friday Finds/Check your Keywords!
Goto Forum:
   Go