|Questions regarding Full colour sandstone [message #59989] Thu, 10 January 2013 20:37 UTC
Hello Shapeways community!|
Back again with what I'm sure are basic questions. My next model is almost ready, but I did have questions regarding full colour sandstone as I've never printed in this material before.
- Colour accuracy - How accurate is the colour between the texture file and the final output. Does it tend to be a bit darker/lighter (just so I know whether I need to correct this before placing an order)? If anyone is willing to post a picture of a FCS print along with a texture file sample used on the model so I can compare the two, that would be fantastic!
- Drilling - I know FCS is 'fragile', but do you think you can drill a hole through it without it shattering (drilling by hand carefully, as opposed to using a power tool)?
- Superglue - My understanding is that after the FCS has been printed it's covered in a special kind of glue to help increase it's strenght (and deepen the colours?). Has anyone tried then attaching something to it with regular superglue? I imagine this would be fine, but I wanted to just double check
- Transparency - In your experience, if you held the FCS up to a light, is it semi transparent or pretty solid?
- Ink running - I know this isn't a dishwasher safe product, but if you did get it a bit wet by accident (let's say you spill some water on it), does the ink run?
- Multiple shells - If you have multiple shells that 'clip' into one another, will they print as one piece like they do for white strong and flexible prints?
Thanks as always!
[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2013 22:16 UTC]
Check out my blog on my 3D print projects:
And here's my Shapeways shop!