Home » Community » Post Production Techniques » Full Color Sandstone faded colors
Search Search  
Full Color Sandstone faded colors [message #57756] Fri, 30 November 2012 18:07 UTC Go to previous message
avatar akiefer  is currently offline akiefer
Go to my shop
Today I received my full color sandstone model. I was very eager to finally get this but unfortunately I am a bit disappointed by the colors. There's a lot of greenisch color where it should be more sand. And overall the colors are faded and don't show enough definition to read the model. It was a 3D print of a 3D reconstructed archeological site but it is hard to read the different area's (sand, brick, green grass) because all basically runs into each other.

Is there anything I can do next time to get predictable colors? And how could I try and get the best out of my current print? After all it was still 200 Euro's so that's a bit expensive as a test shape to do several print runs with it...

Here's a comparison between the printed model and a 3D render of the file. Note the much more distinct detail in the bricks and also more definition in the sand and rubble.

index.php?t=getfile&id=23584&private=0

The printed model was roughly 15cm x 15cm and the surface texture area for this particular crop was at least 1200 x 1200 pixels (I used the same texture for the uploaded model as the one in the render (the full image texture applied to that model, not just the particular area, was 8192 square pixels.

Albert

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Sandstone Mold Question
Next Topic:How to get a "true black", professional WSF finish?
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.