Home »  » It arrived! » Dog Bust
Search Search  
Dog Bust [message #54359] Fri, 21 September 2012 21:27 UTC Go to previous message
avatar matb63  is currently offline matb63
Go to all my models
Hi guys, Ive been getting things printed from shape ways for a while, but this one is probably my best achievement yet.
Every now and again, we have to look after my Brother-in-Laws dog. And one time i decided to make a 3d model bust of him. This is how that turned out.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20786&private=0

Recently I decided to get the little guy printed, so here is that.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20787&private=0

What I did next was fill him with a mixture of plaster and air dry clay. To give it a more realistic weight. As i printed it hollow to save money there.
I then primed it and copper leafed it.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20788&private=0

I was pretty happy with that, but I wanted it to look more like a 500 year old roman bust on display in the vatican or something. So I used a chemical which ages the copper, and I ended up with this. Which I'm pretty happy about.

index.php?t=getfile&id=20790&private=0

So I've managed to get hold of a base for it which should be delivered in the next few days, so keep your eyes peeled to see him mounted in all his glory.

Hope your excited as I was with the project.
Cheers
Matt

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Klein Bottles variations
Next Topic:creepy crawlies
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.