Introducing 14k Gold, read more on the blog.
Home » Community » It arrived! » Brunnian and Marble Pendants
Search Search  
Brunnian and Marble Pendants [message #7776] Mon, 16 November 2009 14:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
Hi all,

I received my very first Stanless Steel prints. And I have to say that I am very happy with the results.
These two models are wireframed and the diameter of the thread is 2 mm.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1795&private=0
The Brunnian Pendant is a smaller version of the Brunnian Circles. Even though the diameter is 2 mm, the clearance between the thread is still 1 mm as for the original version, because I was afraid the thread would be fused (so it is not exactly a scaled down version). As a consequence the circles are a bit loose, but the result is really convincing. In particular, you do not need any extra ring to attach the pendant to a necklace: thanks to the shape of the circles, it is very easy.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1796&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1797&private=0
Note that the color is not as reddish as in the pictures.
The marble pendant is the exact replica of the top part of the variation 2 of my Marble Pendant, with the little ring positionned at 45.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1798&private=0
index.php?t=getfile&id=1799&private=0
I choose this design among all the Marble Pendant because it was the most flexible one in WSF.
Unfortunately, in Stainless Steel it is nearly not flexible at all, and although I choose my smallest marble, I had a lot of difficulties to insert it (and even more to extract it back Smile).
But once again, when I look at the final result, I am very satisfied.

As a consequence, I would like to make new trials with these designs : a thread diameter of 1mm for the Marble Pendant to make it more flexible, and only 0.5mm clearance for the Brunnian Pendant to make it less loose (and perhaps also a diameter of 1 mm?).
What is your opinion ?

[Updated on: Sat, 20 March 2010 21:06 UTC]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:DiddleBug time!
Next Topic:The Heptagon by OSKAR