Home » Community » 3D modeler needed » Portable Case 3D Model Needed
Search Search  
Portable Case 3D Model Needed [message #54137] Sun, 16 September 2012 22:08 UTC Go to previous message
avatar Raizer04  is currently offline Raizer04
Go to my shop
Hello,

I am trying to print out (i have a 3d printer) a case for a portable n64 project. The overall look of the case is going to mimic a gameboy advance, but it will be much larger. I need 2 cases, one with just simply a top/bottom/screen hole case, the other with all measured out holes and configurations included.

Case Generalized Specs:

-The case is going to mimic a GBA (Gameboy Advance) look (See attachment for 3d model of gameboy advance, this is not scaled....)
-The case will be two parts, top and bottom. Top will be able to be secured to bottom via 4 screws/4 screw posts (imagine a tupperware top covering the bottom half)
-Dimensions = Full Length: 8.6 inches / Full Width: 5.0 inches / Depth (thickness): 1.80 inches

Buttons:

-The buttons for the case will incorporate an N64 superpad as the A/B/C buttons, a nintendo controller (using the A/B buttons as buttons located on the shoulder buttons, and using the D-pad as the D-pad) (i have a scaled 3d model of the nintendo controller work with, N64 superpad i do not at the moment).
-The button fitment will house the buttons just like a normal controller (if you have ever taken apart a controller, the inside has grooves for the button to seat perfectly.
-Analog hole will be the exact size of the default ps2 controller analog hole

(Files included can be utilized for nintendo button portion)

Screen:

-The screen will be utilizing a 4.3" screen, simple square cutout of 54 x 95mm where the normal screen goes.

*there is a bit more design/holes needed, but i am fully willing to provide any measurement/help that I possibly can. (this includes shipping pieces in case the designer wants a hands on feel/look/measurement of any part.

*Edit, i have more files but for some reason it will only allow me to upload 1.
*Here is a 3d model of a default gameboy advance ( http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b692235c5 42098e6d20fa0b1da0153cb&hl=en)
*Here is downloadable NES controller 3d files in case the artist might need it: ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22549 )

*Here is a picture of what the finished product might mimic: http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd506/gman_modz/IMG_2012 0722_093106.jpg

*I am not having shapeway make these, i have my own 3d printer and will be printing it myself for my own project

email: Raizer012345@yahoo.com

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic:Need 3D modeler to create 16 caricatures to be printed on a Type A Series 1 FDM printer
Next Topic:need 3D modeler for army rc transport truck body, chassis (1/24 scale)
Goto Forum:
   Go

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.