Search Search  
Today's Messages (OFF)  | Unanswered Messages (ON)

Forum: General Discussion
 Topic: Ceramics Guidelines - a friendly reminder!
Ceramics Guidelines - a friendly reminder! [message #80439] Tue, 03 December 2013 21:31 UTC
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi guys,

Now that ceramics is so much cheaper, we're seeing way more orders which is awesome and I'm really glad people are trying it out!

Our ceramics manufacturer is swamped and we're unfortunately having to do a lot more rejections. When we looked at them, it seems almost all of them do not meet the minimum guidelines or material properties.

So just as a quick reminder here's some tips:

3D printed ceramics is not like the other materials, the material behaves like wet sand as we print it, then it is carefully transferred and then fired and glazed in a traditional kiln.

Ceramics is one of the trickier materials to design for because you need to design a model that is printable, glaze-able, and can withstand the high heat of the kiln and the structural changes the oven causes to your model. For example, the model will deform at different rates in the kiln, so sharp edges are likely to crack. Softer, curved edges are preferred and will glaze without risking cracks in the material surface. For some designs with clear bottoms, the bottom side may remain unglazed. This is because we need to stand up the designs when putting the glazed piece in the oven. For all other designs, we will put the design on setters, which mean very small portions of your model (where the setter touches the model) will not be glazed. Due to the nature of glazing some geometries may cause uneven distribution of the glaze on pieces. The glaze will add thickness to features on pieces.

Top Design Tips:
Sandcastle Rule: If this structure was made of wet sand, would it break? - There's a part in the production process for ceramics 3D printing during which the model is fragile and brittle. It's basically like wet sand. When you design, ask yourself this question: if I made this out of wet sand or brittle clay, could I lift the design without it breaking? If the answer is "no," then your design might break in production.

Your model should have a strong and obvious base - These pieces need to be glazed. While they're being glazed (meaning it is toasting in the oven), they needs a base to support it. Pieces with a clear base will be much more likely to glaze well than pieces without a clear base. For pieces without a clear base, we have support structures, but the support structures might leave small dents or craters in the surface of the glaze.

Glazing adds thickness. - Glazing will reduce definition of design details, such as grooves will fill with glaze. Up to 1mm of glaze can be added in certain areas. This also dulls details. Glazed Ceramics is a material for large and rounded features, not sharp details.

We really want to print all your orders in time for Christmas, so help us out by double checking that your model works with the design guidelines before you order it!

Thank you!
Natalia

Shapeways Community Manager
 Topic: MASSIVE SALE!!! Save up to $50 on Shapeways this weekend!
MASSIVE SALE!!! Save up to $50 on Shapeways this weekend! [message #80111] Thu, 28 November 2013 16:11 UTC
avatar natalia  is currently offline natalia
Go to all my models
I work here
Hi Awesome Shapeways community!

We here in marketing have been cooking up some deals and I want to make sure you guys get to take advantage of them too!

Starting NOW these sales will be live!

Holiday Weekend Deals: Save $10 on Orders $75+, Save $25 on Orders $125+, Save $50 on Orders $200+

Just enter these codes at checkout: save10 for $75+, save25 for $125+, save50 for $200+ - don't worry, there's a prompt on the cart

And because we know you love Shapeways and want to share the magic with your friends, here's two handy ways to share the deal:

Here's an auto-tweet link:
http://goo.gl/SXsiqH

and here's one to post it to your Facebook:
http://goo.gl/SRbAHQ

(the text is: Save up to $50 at @Shapeways this weekend! Click here: www.shapeways.com/gift-guide/)

Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to those in the US, and have a great weekend everyone!

Natalia and the community team

Shapeways Community Manager
 Topic: Polished Strong and Flexible - any feedback on how well it wears over time?
Polished Strong and Flexible - any feedback on how well it wears over time? [message #79982] Wed, 27 November 2013 16:14 UTC
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
Can anyone who has bought any polished Strong and Flexible jewellery give any information about how it wears?

Does it get dirty? Does cleaning really work (e.g. in dishwasher)? Do the colours fade badly?

I'm particularly interested in untreated objects - I don't know many people who buy jewellery and as soon as they get it say "Great, now I just need to buy some sealant from the hardware store and then I can wear this"!

Thanks
 Topic: Please Help!!!
Please Help!!! [message #79443] Wed, 20 November 2013 23:33 UTC
avatar rockincommando  is currently offline rockincommando
Go to all my models
I am a high school student that actively competes in DECA. Basically DECA is an entrepreneurship club/class that meets for a few hours every day, and then competes at district, state, and national levels. I am now doing what is known as a manual. In this manual, you basically have to write a 30 page report on a proposed business. My business, as I am an avid 3D printer myself, is a 3D printing service (yes, I know there are a few now). Please just help me by filling out a quick survey at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZEvSNtvvtx-jc1Ip7xx3CoeeJxI 7GejXXtjXCk0rQKQ/viewform. Thank you so much for your help! If the file doesn't work, I attached a Word document with the URL.

Topic: (Poll ) Which of the product is your most favorite product
(Poll ) Which of the product is your most favorite product [message #79215] Mon, 18 November 2013 08:29 UTC
avatar Nanfeng  is currently offline Nanfeng
Go to all my models

Which of the product is your most favorite product[ 1 vote(s) ]
1.Furniture 0 / 0%
2.3d printed photo 0 / 0%
3.toy 0 / 0%
4.Art 0 / 0%
5.Home appliances 0 / 0%
6.Fashion 1 / 100%

and at the same time, I have a wish to get a 3d printed photo. However, when I see the product arrived ( https://www.shapeways.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=16787 &start=0&), it makes me worry about the quality of the photo.Some one can tell me what the real quality of the 3d printed photo is?

Topic: 3D printing for Architects using 3DS Max 2013 and ZBrush 4R6
3D printing for Architects using 3DS Max 2013 and ZBrush 4R6 [message #78548] Sat, 09 November 2013 01:33 UTC
avatar JGarrett  is currently offline JGarrett
Go to my shop
I'm looking for feedback on a blog I wrote today. Part One of the article is near completion and I believe some Shapeways users could benefit and share ideas with me. Cheers,

Topic: New forum: Shapeways Crew
New forum: Shapeways Crew [message #78140] Mon, 04 November 2013 13:01 UTC
avatar bartv  is currently offline bartv
Go to my shop
We're seeing more and more community-powered events pop up. Some are small and informal, like local Shapeways members meeting in a bar for a nice chat on 3D printing, and others are bigger like events or conferences. We love working with our community on these. If you'd like to participate, make events happen and meet other members, then pop over to our new Shapeways Crew forum.

See you there!

Bart

Community Manager Europe | Shapeways
 Topic: Yess ! We love the new Bronze.
icon14.gif  Yess ! We love the new Bronze. [message #77649] Sun, 27 October 2013 21:54 UTC
avatar FabMeJewelry  is currently offline FabMeJewelry
Go to my shop
Hi shapies we're just back from attending 2 wonderful days at the Dutch Design Week Shapeways Stand and just wanted to show you the amazing bronze prints we've recieved

( no they weren't shipped by UPS but by the Shapeways crew and they handed the prints to us at the stand Smile )

*FabSpheres Necklace Polished Bronze
*FutureChique Necklace (Metal Edition) Raw Bronze
*GeoLux Earrings (Metal Edition) Raw Bronze

index.php?t=getfile&id=43815&private=0

A selection of our jewelry collection at the shapeways stand.

It was really fun meeting some of the other designers and the amazing shapeways crew, we've received a lot of positive feedback from the visitors making it an awesome experience.

All of our 350 flyers and 100 business cards seem to be missing, glad they didn't took our products Wink

• Attachment: Forum.jpg
    (Size: 377.38KB, Downloaded 120 time(s))

[Updated on: Sun, 27 October 2013 21:56 UTC]

Karen & Wesley - FabMeJewelry.com - Set a course, for the future !
 Topic: Iphone 5 case fitting question
Iphone 5 case fitting question [message #77575] Fri, 25 October 2013 22:39 UTC
avatar shariff  is currently offline shariff
Go to my shop
hello, can someone tell me how u'd go about measuring an Iphone case design with right fittings, would I make the section the phone would fit into the exact same size as the iphone 5 cases height and width. It's hard when trying to make something that fits to something else, I can never be sure.
 Topic: Another Halloween Contest!
Another Halloween Contest! [message #77570] Fri, 25 October 2013 17:14 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
My favorite 3D printing service, and my favorite rendering software are teaming up for a frightening contest. Shapeways is sponsoring the 2013 KeyShot Halloween Rendering Contest!

http://keyshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Halloween-Render-Contest-Final-web.jpg

Head to their forum for complete details, but here's a rundown.

Create a scary Halloween render or animation using KeyShot and post it on their forum. They give you a 15 day trial if you don't already have access to their software.

The Grand Prize winner will get:

Grand Prize Animation (total value $3,025):
KeyShot Pro + Animation (total value $2,495)
3D Print of the 3d model (total value $400)
1 year subscription to 3D World magazine (total value $130)
100% cottony soft KeyShot t-shirt

Grand Prize Rendering (total value $2,525):
KeyShot Pro (total value $1,995)
3D Print of the 3d model (total value $400)
1 year subscription to 3D World magazine (total value $130)
100% cottony soft KeyShot t-shirt

Such awesomeness!

[Updated on: Fri, 25 October 2013 17:14 UTC]

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
 Topic: Commonwealth Games/ Queens Baton 3D Printed Lattice
Commonwealth Games/ Queens Baton 3D Printed Lattice [message #76624] Sat, 12 October 2013 11:46 UTC
avatar Piers  is currently offline Piers
Go to my shop
index.php?t=getfile&id=42813&private=0

http://3dprintingindustry.com/2013/08/29/the-queens-baton-cr owned-with-3d-printed-titanium/

formerly known as pdb
 Topic: Projet 3500 HD wanted
Projet 3500 HD wanted [message #76410] Tue, 08 October 2013 23:44 UTC
avatar stop4stuff  is currently offline stop4stuff
Go to my shop
Looking to purchase a 2nd hand/used Projet 3500 HD (you know, the one that prints Shapeways FUD)
Preferably southern UK.

email paul@stop4stuff.com
 Topic: The world's craziest toothbrush cleans your teeth in six seconds and is 3D printed
The world's craziest toothbrush cleans your teeth in six seconds and is 3D printed [message #76040] Thu, 03 October 2013 20:10 UTC
avatar Magic  is currently offline Magic
Go to my shop
http://qz.com/129919/the-worlds-craziest-toothbrush-cleans-y our-teeth-in-six-seconds-and-is-3d-printed/

Maker Faire Experiences [message #75768] Sun, 29 September 2013 18:54 UTC
avatar ThreeForm  is currently offline ThreeForm
Go to my shop
There were tons of people from the Shapeways community at last weeks World Maker Faire. I saw Kostika Spaho , Todd Blatt, Ryan Kittleson, Mohammed Alaswadi, and many more. If you've never been to a Maker Faire, I'm sure there's one happening close by very soon, so go check it out!

The amount of 3D-printed design on display was overwhelming, and the Faire was more packed than ever (somewhere around 70,000 attendees). The only organizational slip I see is that it was scheduled too close to Burning Man, so the Burners couldn't bring the awesome rusted metal, fire-breathing vehicular insanity that they normally would. Some of my team are Burners, and they had barely recovered by the time World Maker Faire rolled around.

I put together a video, mostly taken around my booth since I wasn't able to walk around much. I set it to music by Ada Pasternak, a talented singer/songwriter/violinist who played her beautiful songs at the ThreeForm booth. Take a look!

Ada Pasternak - "A Little Bit In Love" at World Maker Faire 2013

Anyone else have any images or video to share from the booths or around the event? I have been checking out Flickr but there are thousands to sort through (over 300 journalists and photographers registered for the event). If anyone found any real gems, I'd like to see. And I'm sure somebody with the Shapeways crew had a camera, right?

www.facebook.com/pages/ThreeForm/114001098701667
 Topic: Anyone Own a 3D Print Shop
Anyone Own a 3D Print Shop [message #75578] Thu, 26 September 2013 18:08 UTC
avatar 3dprintman  is currently offline 3dprintman
Go to all my models
Just curious if 3D Print shops are viable business models now-a-days? I know a couple have opened in NYC recently. Anyone here own such a shop?
 Topic: join Official Deviant Group for 3D printing
join Official Deviant Group for 3D printing [message #75293] Mon, 23 September 2013 15:17 UTC
avatar Silverbeam  is currently offline Silverbeam
Go to my shop
For all the Deviant Art members and art/photography fans, come join the 3D printing group at Deviant art: CLICK LINK HERE Post your newest creations and 3D renders of print ready items, join in discussions, get your work shown to a bigger audience, and list your shops. Very Happy

Have another group on DA with 3D printing? please post a link in this thread. http://3d-printing.deviantart.com/

[Updated on: Mon, 23 September 2013 15:18 UTC]

SEE ETSY SHOP: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Silverbeam
 Topic: New 3D Printing Idea!
New 3D Printing Idea! [message #75265] Sun, 22 September 2013 23:29 UTC
avatar shapeajjdesign35  is currently offline shapeajjdesign35
Go to all my models

3D Printing Business Idea[ 5 vote(s) ]
1.How familiar are you with 3D printing? 5 / 100%

Hello everyone,

I did help on a homework assignment.

I have included a link for a surveymonkey survey I have created there.
Please help and share with anyone willing to help out.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RHQFTNK

Sincerely,

Topic: Introducing ShapeJS
Introducing ShapeJS [message #74742] Fri, 13 September 2013 16:15 UTC
avatar giles  is currently offline giles
Go to my shop
I work here
Shapeways is launching a new system to create 3D printable objects. ShapeJS is a Javascript language that makes it easy to create customisable 3D objects. We provide a web-deployed system to easy edit and visualize the scripts. Once you're happy with the object you can print it for yourself or quickly turn it into a creator for others to use.

ShapeJS is a partner in the Shapeways API ecosystem. A common question we get it is how to create printable objects. With ShapeJS you can easily make items. The underlying system is a voxel based system. A voxel is similar to a 2D pixel but it represents a volume element in 3 dimensional space. ShapeJS provides mechanisms to easily set the desired voxels using a series of data sources and transformations. A common operation is to take a 2D image and map it into a 3D object. You'll find lots of examples that create some really interesting objects from a simple 2D image.

The system is currently in beta. We are looking for feedback on the language itself, the operations it supports and the user interface of the visualizer. Once we leave beta we'll offer backwards compatibility between releases. Until then please understand the language might change in incompatible ways in response to your feedback. Please use this forum to suggest improvements and share scripts you develop with others.

Try out the new system at shapejs.shapeways.com and give us feedback. We've created a new forum to discuss the ShapeJS system, it's
under the Developers section, called ShapeJS.

3D Tools Developer
 Topic: Exhibit on a Maker Faire?
Exhibit on a Maker Faire? [message #74563] Wed, 11 September 2013 09:17 UTC
Go to my shop
I already mentioned this in our last Community Journal: we'd love to support you showing your Shapeways work on a Maker Faire!

Mini Maker Faires are happening all over the world, check out the list of upcoming events. Would you like to show your work there and promote Shapeways? We'd be happy to rent a table for you and support you with sample models, food, drinks etc. Get in touch and we'll get you on your way!

https://www.shapeways.com/blog/uploads/makerfaire_singapore_overview.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 11 September 2013 09:17 UTC]

Topic: NYC 3D Scanning Services - Sophie Kahn
NYC 3D Scanning Services - Sophie Kahn [message #74357] Fri, 06 September 2013 17:46 UTC
avatar designdose  is currently offline designdose
Go to all my models
Just wanted to pass along a recommendation for 3D scanning services in NYC. I had the pleasure of working with Sophie 2 weeks ago for an orthotic project I'm working on. She scanned my legs for 2 hours and was extremely professional and very accommodating. Her website and portfolio are very impressive and her rates are very reasonable. I'm posting her original post below. Happy scanning!

-Estela

Hi everyone,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that I'm starting a 3d laser scanning business in New York. I'm particularly interested in working with artists and designers. My site is http://www.scannerworksny.com. I can also assist with prepping 3d scan files for 3d printing with Shapeways.

Please get in touch via my contact page if you have a project you'd like to discuss!

cheers, Sophie
 Topic: Need help seeing if this is fit for print
Need help seeing if this is fit for print [message #73301] Tue, 20 August 2013 06:29 UTC
avatar tomedenton  is currently offline tomedenton
Go to all my models
I'm new to 3D printing, but want to give my model a try.

Before i fork out $60 i want to know if it will come out half decent.

If you have the time please take a look and let me know.

Thanks

Tom

• Attachment: K set.obj
    (Size: 0.99MB, Downloaded 49 time(s))

Topic: Ideas on how to create a "snappable" object where you can snap things and they stick?
Ideas on how to create a "snappable" object where you can snap things and they stick? [message #72805] Thu, 08 August 2013 12:07 UTC
avatar jorrie  is currently offline jorrie
Go to all my models

Are there any thoughts on how to create a snappable object?

I have this pipe/tube I want to create an object I can snap this in so it clicks and sticks...

Are there any guides on measurements?
Im using the white detailed material and solid works but its hard to find out how to do this because im not sure how much
the plastic would "bend" and when it would snap.

Please see enclosed image for more details
Hope someone can help me out with some suggestions on how to to best get this result

Topic: A 3D printed ho me for your hermit crab!
A 3D printed ho me for your hermit crab! [message #72603] Sun, 04 August 2013 05:34 UTC
avatar MrNib  is currently offline MrNib
Go to my shop
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18vtagw9b1zisjpg/ku-bigpic.jpg

http://io9.com/these-hermit-crabs-carry-3d-printed-cityscape s-on-their-1007154492
 Topic: Desktop Injection Molding Machine for ~$1500
Desktop Injection Molding Machine for ~$1500 [message #72598] Sun, 04 August 2013 04:45 UTC
avatar denali3ddesign  is currently offline denali3ddesign
Go to my shop
http://www.techkits.com/model_150/index.htm

I thought the community would like this, as it could be the next step for small scale mass-manufacturing, after 3D printing. They've just finished a successful Kickstarter for the machine, so that's a good sign!

Trouble using SketchUp? Get my book "3D Printing with SketchUp" - http://bit.ly/1jQ4RtV
 Topic: First crowdsourced 3D printed sculpture
First crowdsourced 3D printed sculpture [message #72589] Sat, 03 August 2013 17:54 UTC
avatar printtopeer  is currently offline printtopeer
Go to all my models
We've gotten an internationally known artist and a small web platform to let you participate in the world's first crowdsourced 3DP sculpture.

You don't need CAD skills or a printer to participate. We can extrude photos for you which you can then upload to shapeways. More advanced users can download the STL and model whatever they like onto it.

We'll be featuring the best designs on our website and social media accounts, and we're filming the whole journey of creating this sculpture.

Who's interested? Sign up here http://www.printtopeer.com/sculpture

Cheers,
Tom from PrintToPeer
 Topic: Show/Tell: Make interactive 3d printing web apps without any code
Show/Tell: Make interactive 3d printing web apps without any code [message #72503] Thu, 01 August 2013 17:06 UTC
avatar neuralfirings  is currently offline neuralfirings
Go to my shop
Hey all, gonna do a little show n tell here. My company, Mixee Labs, recently released a Blender add-on that enables you to take models and using Blender, set parameters others can tweak via in-browser interactive web app. Others can tweak your model using parameters you set and purchase online. There's a quick video & more info here: http://www.mixeelabs.com/morph

Using Blender's Shape Key feature, you can create objects that morph, deform, and twist. Let others play and tweak your designs, we use Shapeways for production so any material available on Shapeways is game for us! Basically, you set a base shape in Blender, apply a Shape Key, and then make some changes to the mesh. The flow from base shape to changed mesh becomes a slider on Mixee Labs. So for example, you can set a parameter for others to resize a ring but maintaining wall thickness of the ring band. The user drags a slider to select the ring size, see the ring model change in real time, and there's also some rudimentary renders to showcase the model in the different materials.

Go from this:
https://d13cxj5vnljzs4.cloudfront.net/assets/screencap_1_blender-6d3f3f08da8147734037e01369058d89.jpg

To this:
https://d13cxj5vnljzs4.cloudfront.net/assets/screencap_3_mixeelabs-42fd682ab1bae303baf152730030c687.gif

Still reading? Awesome!

Here's a quick 3min video explaining the add on and Mixee Labs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vSVT6SCHlk

New to Blender? I made a more in-depth tutorial (10 min long) that shows how to use the plugin and use Blender to resize a ring while maintaining wall thickness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtwDQ4XMns

Happy to hear feedback and your thoughts on this feature!!

Nancy

PS. No Stony, this is not a ploy to get more people to use Blender... though Blender is awesome!!!

[Updated on: Thu, 01 August 2013 17:47 UTC]

Topic: Necessary Roughness necklace
Necessary Roughness necklace [message #72412] Tue, 30 July 2013 22:10 UTC
avatar Whantree  is currently offline Whantree
Go to all my models
I just finished watching the Necessary Roughness episode Swimming With Sharks. I posted a screen cap of a girl wearing what looks like a 3D printed necklace. Is it?

Topic: File Status and Processing Notes
File Status and Processing Notes [message #72187] Thu, 25 July 2013 16:50 UTC
avatar AmLachDesigns is currently online AmLachDesigns
Go to my shop
I am probably the last person to notice this, but in case it's useful to someone else there is extra information on your model file with Shapeways.

For a model go into Edit Model mode and there is a section entitled 'File Status'. Under this there is some generally interesting stuff, but in case something has happened in the Upload Proc also a clickable link which has extra info such as:

Advanced Printability Warning Message(s):
Rescale from meter to inch.

Well, I thought it was interesting, anyway.
 Topic: Video tutorial of how Clip on vase was digitally designed
Video tutorial of how Clip on vase was digitally designed [message #72167] Thu, 25 July 2013 09:43 UTC
avatar aleksandar  is currently offline aleksandar
Go to my shop
I have prepared a screencast of how I digitally designed Clip on vase using Rhnoceros 3D, Grasshopper and Waverbird. This is a 10 minute video tutorial of the 3d modeling workflow I used just before sending the model for 3D printing.

I hope you enjoy the video

product deisgn, visualisation & photography www.ad-3d.com
 Topic: Next 2 weeks: Meet us in Taupo (New Zealand), Los Angeles and Singapore!
Next 2 weeks: Meet us in Taupo (New Zealand), Los Angeles and Singapore! [message #71712] Wed, 17 July 2013 09:11 UTC
Go to my shop
Hey folks!

We have quite a number of activities lined up for the next two weeks:

Los Angeles - Monday July 22 - Thursday July 25
First, the Shapeways team is participating at SIGGRAPH in Los Angeles. We're building an amazing booth there that contains the designs of the winners of Weekend Contest #17. We'll be throwing a meetup on Monday evening. We're still working on a location, but it's safe to say we'll be in Anaheim, near the conference venue. If you RSVP now, you'll receive information on the time and location automatically.

Register here for a free exhibition-only guest pass

Taupo, New Zealand, Saturday and Sunday July 20-21
Community member Peter Bryant (of Kiwi Trains fame) and his friend Daniela Schlecht are representing Shapeways at the Taupo Hobby Expo 2013. The event is huge - they had over 4,000 visitors last year!. Come over and say hi to them!

Read more about our presence at the Taupo Hobby Expo.

Singapore, Saturday and Sunday July 27-28
FunbieStudios and fakebusker83 are helping us build a booth at Maker Faire Singapore, the "Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth—a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness, and a celebration of the Maker movement". MF Singapore takes place on Saturday and Sunday July 27 and 28.

Read more about our presence at Maker Faire Singapore.

Do you want to show your Shapeways products at an event?
Brilliant! We're always looking for people who want to set up a booth at local events. Just get in touch and send us your proposal, we're happy to support you!

Cheers,

Bart

[Updated on: Wed, 17 July 2013 16:02 UTC]

Topic: To 3DPrintshow or not to 3DPrintshow?
To 3DPrintshow or not to 3DPrintshow? [message #71602] Mon, 15 July 2013 14:24 UTC
avatar 3DPrintedMan  is currently offline 3DPrintedMan
Go to all my models
Hi there!

A friend of mine would like to buy the Buccaneer from pirate3d. He is super into 3D printing technology. I just discovered the 3D Printshow (http://3dprintshow.com/) and since his birthday is next month, I'd like to offer him tickets. The thing is, I don't know anything about this show and 3D printing. Is the show worth it? Which session would you recommend?

Cheers!
 Topic: Elasto Plastic Meetups
Elasto Plastic Meetups [message #71326] Wed, 10 July 2013 10:18 UTC
Go to my shop
Hey folks,

the first three Elasto Meetups have reached a group size of 10 people. Join them to try out our new Elasto Plastic, or create your own event!

Read more on our blog.

Topic: Mass printing of a product...
Mass printing of a product... [message #71117] Sun, 07 July 2013 00:50 UTC
avatar lundquistas  is currently offline lundquistas
Go to all my models
Hi everyone, I've been using shapeways to develop 3d prototypes of something I'm developing that I'd love to put on Kickstarter one day but it would be cost effiecient to go through Shapeways to do all the printing. Does anyone know some good companies they could refer me to that could produce my product if I was mass producing it?

Thanks!
 Topic: Need of transparent waterproof material
Need of transparent waterproof material [message #71075] Sat, 06 July 2013 06:50 UTC
avatar Kaasgaaf  is currently offline Kaasgaaf
Go to all my models
Hi,

I am working as an R&D manager (with a mechanical engineering background) and I have the following question: I have a need for a transparent waterproof material with a normal strength. With normal strength I mean that there is a need to fix the to be made product by a "screw". So, no strong forces.

What do you think which material I can use the best for this?

A reply will be much appreciated,

Best Regards,
Kaasgaaf

3d printing has my interest from the start, I foresee that this technique will have an impact as big as the smartphone.
 Topic: 3D printing on Futurama
3D printing on Futurama [message #70926] Thu, 04 July 2013 04:51 UTC
avatar draw  is currently offline draw
Go to my shop
This week's new Futurama included 3D printing. In the future they use nanoplastics!

index.php?t=getfile&id=35884&private=0

Topic: 3D printer sharing community
3D printer sharing community [message #70892] Wed, 03 July 2013 13:55 UTC
avatar wangzhaoguang  is currently offline wangzhaoguang
Go to my shop
HI all

I notice that there are some website like http://thinkklip.com/ which focuses on the 3D printer sharing.

and shapeways, if I understand well, its website connects two group of people: the customers who are willing to pay and get a 3D physical model through the 3D printig tech; the other group of people is designers, or saying creative designers, who provide their digital, creative and beautiful models on shapeways site.

I am wondering if shapeways, in the near future, would absorb another group of people, who own 3D printers while not good at encouraging creative designers to upload models.

If so, so what ? is that direction that shapeways needs ?

thank you for your discussions.

regards and cheers
 Topic: Missing some fresh summer colors for WSF
Missing some fresh summer colors for WSF [message #70706] Sat, 29 June 2013 05:54 UTC
avatar DaBroNrw  is currently offline DaBroNrw
Go to all my models
Haven't seen any new summer colors for WSF this time...
Are Shapeways working on it or is there no progress...

Green, yellow, brown, and a flesh color would be nice...

cu
Ingo
 Topic: Microsoft add 3D Printing Support to Windows 8.1
Microsoft add 3D Printing Support to Windows 8.1 [message #70551] Wed, 26 June 2013 18:08 UTC
avatar lensman  is currently offline lensman
Go to my shop
Microsoft is doing its bit to help push forward the 3D printing revolution, by adding in native 3D printer support in Windows 8.1. A new API will let developers on its platform put 3D printing capabilities right into their apps, so that you'll be able to print that elegant ashtray you're modelling right on the spot. The API will help consumers using devices including those from Makerbot and Form Labs create their own stuff even more easily at home...

FULL STORY HERE

Glenn ------ My Website Third Dimension Jewellery
 Topic: Baltimore Meetup
Baltimore Meetup [message #70267] Fri, 21 June 2013 14:34 UTC
avatar Youknowwho4eva  is currently offline Youknowwho4eva
Go to my shop
I work here
We had a nice meetup in Baltimore last night. Held by Todd Blatt of Custom3dstuff.com and with a special guest Sherry Huss, VP of Maker Media. Glad I took the 2 hour drive out for it! If you are in the area, you have to check out the host site, the Baltimore Node. These guys are seriously cool, and have lots of cool toys. We discussed Shapeways, 3D printing in general, 3D scanning, Todd's google glass, and even printed a GoPro mount for one of the Node members dog on a Makerbot. Todd had some Elasto pieces that Duann had given him to share, and I had my first piece of Elasto that I just received yesterday (I'll share that with you guys when I'm done coolifying it) Don't forget, if you are planning on or going to a local meetup, let us know! So we can send you some cool stuff to show off Smile

index.php?t=getfile&id=34822&private=0
Left is Sherry Huss Center is Todd Blatt

Your friendly neighborhood Moderman
michael@shapeways.com
 Topic: Shapeways Photo Contest
Shapeways Photo Contest [message #70037] Tue, 18 June 2013 15:39 UTC
avatar dgilsanz  is currently offline dgilsanz
Go to all my models
I'm working here for summer
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you guys know about the contest that's happening now on our Facebook page.

Take a picture of you with a product from your shop and upload it to our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/Shapeways?fref=ts). The shop owner whose photo has the most likes by next Monday morning wins some Shapeways $!

You can see more info on the blog here: http://www.shapeways.com/blog/archives/2131-Calling-all-Shop -Owners-for-a-chance-to-win-Shapeways-!.html

We're looking forward to seeing your pictures!

[Updated on: Tue, 18 June 2013 16:30 UTC]

Pages (82): [ «    2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17    »]

Logo

Hello.

We're sorry to inform you that we no longer support this browser and can't confirm that everything will work as expected. For the best Shapeways experience, please use one of the following browsers:

Click anywhere outside this window to continue.