Problems shipping to country other than my billing country or actual location

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by TOM_TOM_TOM, Sep 19, 2011.

1. TOM_TOM_TOM
    TOM_TOM_TOM Well-Known Member
    I have a problem with shipping.

I've just finished a model and need to urgently send it to someone in Australia to test my product and there is a deadline. I am in New Zealand, but my billing address is in the USA and my credit cards are from America.

When I try to place an order I can't select any other country than the USA for shipment. I could try to ship it to myself in New Zealand and then ship it to Australia, but I don't have a New Zealand bank account and will need to go to the bank to open an account and deposit money and wait for a debit card to arrive in the mail, but I can't wait that long.

Also, If I wanted to ship this to myself in New Zealand, using my American credit card how would I do this?

Also, the product tester is a home business and will only accept packages sent to his PO box, but Shapeways doesn't allow PO boxes. Is there any way to get around this? Could I enter the post office street address and then put in c/o "po number" and his name?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. TOM_TOM_TOM
    I was able to ship to myself in New Zealand through paypal, but I wasn't sure how to get around the PO box issue for shipping to Australia.

Is there any solution to this?

3. duann
    duann Member
    Hey Thomas,

It is a UPS policy that they do not ship to PO boxes as the items are supposed to be signed for.

Where is the package to be sent in OZ?

4. TOM_TOM_TOM
    It's going to a small town, not exactly sure where it is, ill have to look it up on a map. Is there an alternative shipping method? If not, I've just placed an order to ship to myself and will forward it. But for the future id like to know of a solution.
    Thanks

5. RalphVdB
    RalphVdB Well-Known Member CS Team
    Hi guys,

@ Dear Thomas, I have just sent you a reply.

We can not accept PO box addresses for UPS only accepts street addresses. Besides the guys from UPS love the smile on your face every time they get to deliver a Shapeways package!

Unfortunately it is not possible to have a shipping address in a different country then your billing address.

E.g. Billing address is in country A, then the shipping address should be in country A as well. This is not something Shapeways has come up with, but this is due to the international rules Creditcard companies and Paypal use regarding VAT

A workaround is that you have a credit card which has an address in B. If this is not the case maybe you can ship it to your home, and then sent it to Australia your self.

Hope this clears things up for you!

All the best,

Ralph , Shapeways Customer Service Manager