Shipping cost

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Cid156, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Cid156
    Cid156 Member
    Is there a table with the shipping cost ?
    Cause I check on Ups and for ship to Switzerland a box of 100gr. It is 80euro.... it is expensive.....So am I wrong ?

2. 3401_deleted
    3401_deleted Well-Known Member
    Shipping is included in the part price.
    Please have a look: https://www.shapeways.com/support/shipping

About Value added tax (TVA/MwSt.):
    I'm in Switzerland, too.About one month after the order arrival,I received a bill of CHF 18,50 + 7.6% MwSt./TVA of the total order value from UPS.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. Cid156
    Cid156 Member
    Cool, thank...I need some rests because I read this before I ask my question... :D
    So If I order 10 same parts in the same time, I will have to paid 10 time the shipping cost???

Did your order (included shipping) was higher than 66chf ?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  4. 3401_deleted
    Yes, my order total value was higher than 66 CHF.
    Like I already said in a other thread, I'm really not a big fan of the way Shapeways calculate shipping.
    I will take the worst example: someone on the other Earthside pays exactly the same price (also shipping) than someone in The Netherlands... Or taken from the other side: someone in The Netherlands will have to pay much more shipping than he should, and someone on the other side of the Earth will have to pay much less than he should....
    I think it isn't logical at all because users should be made aware of the carbon footprint of their order. :confused

5. joris
    joris Member
    The reason we did it like this was to be transparent. We hated it when you order something for $20 and then find out at the last moment that Shipping and Handling adds $10 to your order.

Someone always subsidizes someone else in any pricing model. We are however thinking about letting people compensate for their carbon output if they would like to.

6. 3401_deleted
    When I order something in the U.S., I know I will have to pay more shipping than a U.S. buyers. In fact, everytime I pay much more shipping than a U.S. customer. This is normal.

Yes, of course. My only thought is that there is “subsidizing” and “oversubsidizing”. The first one is ok, the second one much less… For sure, it's not easy to find an equilibrium which is able to satisfy everyone ! :)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010