The new 'My Model' page does not show any rendered images.

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by abite, Aug 22, 2013.

1. abite
    abite Member
    Hi Shapeways,

The design of 'My Model' page seems updated.
    However, the page does not show the rendered images.
    The model list shows only "This is no longer publicly available" message.
    Please check it for us.

Thanks.

Joe.

Attached Files:

2. mkroeker
    mkroeker Well-Known Member
    Same here. Some models are there, some have blank images but still display size&pricing, some are completely blank with a "not for sale"
    comment. No clear correlation between upload date and current fate of the model - one from last night is blank with pricing, one from
    last week seems to be completely normal, older ones appear to be alternately "not for sale" blank and completely normal. Database update
    gone wrong or taking longer than anticipated ?

3. mkroeker
    Just now I realized that the completely empty "not for sale" items on the "My Models" page seem to be "ghosts" of deleted models
    (superseded versions of current models, or test uploads I deleted myself).

4. woody64
    woody64 Well-Known Member
    Please add the sort criteria "Newest" oncemore to the MyModel page. Is one oif my most importantsort cereiterias.

Additionally:
    - some unsuccessfull uploads are now visible (they weren't before)
    - also some old uploads done vie the API (which I couldnb't see and thought the API is broken) seem to be now visible.

Unfortunately once more no change in the filter criterias.

The 16/32 choice is gone.

Woody64

5. MitchellJetten
    MitchellJetten Shapeways Employee CS Team
    I'll make sure that this will get fixed guys!

6. woody64
    The sort criteria is not longer available in the URL (?sort=newest)

It seems to be available in the shop page. Has the shop page also changed because currently the layout is 2 items per line.

It seems also that the newest on the shop page doesn't work as before (I have updated an item some minutes ago but it is not visible as first item) => seems to work now.

The page is lost when deleting an item (also that no delete button is availabe on item edit level is uncomfortable. Because normally I do deleting on informations available here)

Oncemore moveing around in a shop having more then 3 pages is a mess and hasn't changed with this update ....

Also the filter seems to be lost when moving around ...
    (Setting a filter. Edit one element. Then the only? chance is to select back via browser?, which ends up in an unfiltered list.

PLEASE, PLEASE add some enhanced moving around functionality
    (I would expect a next/back button on item level which stays inside the filter choice. The next did exist in some earlier versions but only moving around in the default view)

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  7. woody64
    ... propagation of changes seems to be blocked. Some items deleted half an hour ago are visible on the mymodels page but follwing the link ends up in an unresolved target.

8. woody64
    ... The shop page shows some object twice

9. abite
    abite Member
    Newly uploaded files are not added to the 'My Model' page. :cry:
    The link on the automated email for the uploaded file does not work at all this time. --> The link works now.

Still waiting for several hours. :cry:

10. MANDELWERK
    MANDELWERK Well-Known Member
    I have the same problem, uploaded a new model twice but it never shows up in the My Model page, the link from the mail works though, so it is there somewhere...

11. Hi,

We're looking into all the issues reported here. Deleted models generally do not appear in My Models, recently deleted have a propagation problem (see below). What you're likely seeing in the case of older models is failed (unprintable) models. We're working on a fix for this right now.

We know that newly uploaded models and changes to models are not propagating to the My Models page since early this morning. Again, we're working on it right now.

We're also actively working on getting the Newest filter back on the My Models page.

Thanks for reporting these issues! We'll keep you updated.

- Nathan

12. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
  13. MANDELWERK
    MANDELWERK Well-Known Member
    Mine are both there now, so that case might be solved?

14. Hi everyone,

Last night we released updates to our search & models infrastructure which introduced a few bugs which we are actively working on a fix for today:

Failed models appearing on My Models page
    New models or changes to existing models not being indexed
    Pagination is broken on My Models page
    Newest filter not appearing on My Models

I'll update this thread once these have been fixed, but in the meantime if you come across any other issues please let us know. Thank you all for the quick reporting of bugs! We really appreciate it.

-Kate

15. abite
    abite Member
    Hi Kate,

Thanks for the information. The major issues seem to be solved.
    If your model has the setting "[ ]Display to the public, [v]Offer for sale to others", it shows "This is no longer publicly available" image on the model list page.

I tried to find any information regarding this big updates before posting this topic, but could not find anything. I am using the API, and my program also has not worked properly so far. I would like to ask you to consider for the advance notice about the plan of this kind of important changes. It would be appreciated.

Joe.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  16. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    Yes, "My Model Page" instead shows models as they are displayed on "My Shop" page which is totally useless and with 'no longer publicly available' message on private models.

17. Hey All,

We've resolved all the issues mentioned earlier by Kate:

Failed models appearing on My Models page - fixed
    New models or changes to existing models not being indexed - fixed
    Pagination is broken on My Models page - fixed
    Newest filter not appearing on My Models - fixed

lensman - We're looking into the issue with some private model pictures not appearing in My Models.

- Nathan

18. lensman
    lensman Well-Known Member
    It's not just that, Nathan, it's the fact that "My Models" don't show the maker view of models as uploaded in chronological order - what I'm seeing is exactly as if a customer were looking at my SHOP (with the additional Private Model problem noted).

Edit: I even just logged out and logged back in to see if that would make a difference. It didn't.

19. stonysmith
    stonysmith Well-Known Member Moderator
    Did you select the "Newest" option? That should be reverse chronological order.

20. mkroeker
    Can somebody explain what is "Default" order please ? For me it appears to be pretty much random, at least not based on upload date, model
    number or name. I suspect it means "user defined shop order" for those who do have a shop with owner-sorted items and "random" for anybody else ?
    (Could "Newest" be made the default or the default sort order be made configurable via the account settings ?)